Banana Cream Cheesecake Bars
Banana Cream Cheesecake Bars are a delicious creamy, banana flavor filled treat. You’ll love this easy dessert that you can whip up one day and have them ready for your picnic, potluck, or any occasion dessert the next day!
Banana Cream Cheesecake Bars
We loved this banana cheesecake for it’s delicious flavor, creamy texture, and also because it is no-bake. This is a really perfect summer dessert! With the Nilla Wafer crumb crust, it will remind you of the classic favorite banana pudding, but in no-bake cheesecake form.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Banana Cheesecake Bars (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Nilla Wafer cookie crumbs – this is approximately one 11-ounce box of Nilla Wafers.
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cream cheese – this is three 8-ounce packages
- Banana cream pudding mix – the packages of instant pudding should be about 3.4 ounces each.
Making Banana Cream Cheesecake Bars
Crush the Nilla Wafers, either with a food processor or by placing the cookies in a zip top bag and crushing them with a rolling pin. Mix the cookie crumbs with melted butter and then press into the bottom of an 8×8-inch that has been lined with parchment paper. The paper will make it easier for you to lift the whole cheesecake out of the pan after it chills so you can cut it into bars to serve.
In a large metal mixing bowl (I like to place the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes so it’s cold), beat the whipping cream and sugar together until stiff peaks form; set this aside.
In another large mixing bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer), beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the instant banana pudding a little at a time, mixing well between each addition. This mixture will become very thick, so this is best done with a good hand-held electric mixer or a stand mixer.
Add the whipped cream and beat until smooth. Scoop the cheesecake mixture over the Nilla Wafer crust and spread out evenly.
Refrigerate the cheesecake for 8 hours, or overnight. The reason for this is that the chill time will allow the cheesecake flavors to meld together. The Nilla Wafer crust also softens, which is a really nice texture that will remind you of the wafers in a banana pudding dessert.
Lift the chilled cheesecake out of the pan by using the edges of the parchment paper as handles.
Cut the cheesecake into 9 squares.
Top the cheesecake bars with the garnish of your choice (ideas below). We used whipped cream and a banana slice.
- Whipped Cream
- Banana Slices
- Dusting of cinnamon or nutmeg
- Drizzle of caramel sauce
How to Store the Banana Cheesecake Bars
Cover the bars with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to three days. Always serve chilled.
More Recipes You Will Love
Banana Cheesecake Bars
- 3 cups Nilla Wafer (approximately one 11-ounce box) cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese (3 8-ounce packages) softened
- 2 packages instant banana cream pudding mix (3.4 ounces each)
- optional garnish: whipped topping and banana slices
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Nilla Wafer crumbs and the melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of a square 8x8-inch baking pan (a 9x9-inch pan will also work well) lined with a sheet of parchment paper with extra paper sticking up from the edges. Chill the crust in the refrigerator or freezer while you move on to the next steps.
- In a large metal mixing bowl (I like to place the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes so it's cold), with an electric mixer or stand mixer on medium speed, whip the heavy whipping cream and sugar together until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer or stand mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the dry pudding mixes a little at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the whipped cream and mix until smooth.
- Spread the cheesecake filling evenly over the chilled crust. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate the cheesecake for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Cut the chilled cheesecake into 9 squares and garnish with whipped topping and banana slices if desired. Serve chilled.