This tropical cocktail combines the flavor or pina colada with strawberry banana for an epic summer drink. A Pink Flamingo Cocktail will definitely cool you down on a hot day. This isn’t just a delicious cocktail, but a pretty one, too, especially with all the fun garnish ideas you can add on.
Pink Flamingo Cocktail
I really enjoy gathering ingredients and making new drinks in the summer. There are so many options! With so many holiday BBQ’s, evenings on the patio and drinks with friends, there is always a reason for a new recipe. Have you tried a Cotton Candy Margarita yet? It’s so fun.
Ingredients You Need
- Pink Crown Royal: This flavor is peach
- Pink Gin: We used Gordon’s brand, which has the flavors of raspberries and strawberries.
- Grenadine: This adds sweetness and the red color.
- Pina Colada Juice: Tropicana makes a great pina colada juice for this.
- Strawberry Banana Juice: There are lots of brands to choose from, so you can pick your favorite.
- Ice: Any ice will do but I really loved using crushed. Also, have you seen nugget ice makers??
Fun Drink Garnish Ideas:
- Flamingo Food Picks (<– so cute!)
- Stemmed Cherry
- Maraschino Cherries on a cocktail skewer
- Lime Slice
- Orange Slice
- Pineapple Leaf (seen in the photos)
- Pineapple Slice
- Paper Straws
How to make a Pink Flamingo Cocktail
This is a by-the-glass cocktail, which I tend to like the most so it doesn’t get watered down in a pitcher. This way, every glass tastes perfect.
- Fill your glass with ice. And add the first layer: grenadine.
- Separately, in a cocktail shaker add the juices, gin and Crown Royal. Give it a good shake.
- Pour the mixture into the glass over the grenadine. This gives the fun ombre coloring from red to pink.
- Top it off with whichever garnish you picked, or none at all.
Making this drink takes just a couple of minutes and is super easy.
More Drink Recipes To Try:
Pink Flamingo Cocktail
- 1 oz Pink Crown Royal
- 1 oz Gordons Pink Gin
- 1 oz Grenadine Liquor
- 2 oz Pina Colada Juice
- 2 oz Strawberry Banana Juice
- First layer: fill your glass ¾ of the way full with ice.
- Add the Grenadine liquor to the glass.
- In a large cocktail shaker add the Crown, Gin, Pina Colada juice, and Strawberry Banana juice.. Shake to combine
- Pour the mixture into the glass.
- Add garnish of cherries on a cocktail stick or a slice of lime.