This scrumptious Caramel Apple Bundt Cake with Granny Smith apples and a caramel glaze with walnuts on top is like a taking a big bite of autumn.
Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
Granny Smith apples, with their tart taste and bright green skin, is the apple to use in recipes like this. They are often the go-to apple for baking.
It’s because they are tart that they are used in recipes like this one. The sweetness of the two sugars compliment the Granny Smith tang.
Making the Caramel Glaze
If you’ve never made caramel before, this yummy glaze will give you a little “taste” of how to do it.
Caramel, at its core, is pretty much brown sugar and butter put together and the next thing you know, caramel.
Okay, so I may have made that sound like a 2 ingredient magic trick.
It’s a little more than that, but not by very much.
The glaze for our Caramel Apple Bundt Cake is truly easy, though.
Best advice? Always be stirring! This isn’t one of those things you can put on the stove and go check the mail. Once you whisk the brown sugar and melted butter together, keep stirring until it’s reached a boil.
Adding some peeled and chopped apples to the top of our Caramel Apple Bundt Cake is a little something extra.
If you’re bringing this to the table whole to serve, by all means, make it pop with some on top. If it’s going to be eaten over the course of several hours, I’d take precautions so the apples don’t suffer oxidation aka turn brown.
Instead, try this hack that keeps apples from turning brown after they’re cut. (For several hours, anyway.)
Soak them in a solution of lemon juice and water for a few minutes. For every cup of water you use, add ½ teaspoon of lemon juice.
Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- Add oil, applesauce, yogurt, and both sugars in a second large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla beating as they are added in with the oil, applesauce, and sugar mixture.
- Slowly add the wet mixture in with the dry ingredients.
- Stir slightly to just incorporate. (Do not over mix)
- Add chopped apples to the batter. Use a spatula to fold in gently.
- Scoop the batter into the prepped fluted cake pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55-65 minutes. (Check by inserting a l wooden toothpick into center. If it comes out clean the cake is done.) (Watch the cake to make sure that the edges of the cake don’t brown you may have to cover it with foil.)
Caramel Glaze Directions:
- Add butter to a medium saucepan.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar to the saucepan while whisking together until completely mixed.
- Continue to stir while bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Allow to boil for one minute without stirring.
- Reduce the heat but allow the ingredients to simmer for one minute.
- Remove from the heat. Set aside to cool in order to thicken.(This will take about two minutes)
- Add in powdered sugar whisking to mix until smooth.
- Immediately spoon glaze over cake and top with chopped apples
- Allow to cool before serving.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Fluted cake pan
- Baking spray
- Medium saucepan