Apple Pull Apart Bread is the perfect recipe to make on an Autumn day after a day of apple picking. Flaky biscuits with fresh apples coated in sugar and spices all topped with a delicious glaze.
We sometimes call pull apart bread Monkey Bread. The similarities between the two is the fact that they are small bite sized pieces of dough you can pick (or pull apart) with your fingers. What do you call it?
Apple Pull Apart Bread
I love making homemade breads and this one is so good not only because of how it tastes, but because of how easy it is by using this simple trick: refrigerated biscuit dough. Save the time you are going to spend in the kitchen on the apples; that’s the best part!
Ingredients You Will Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Refrigerated Biscuits – I prefer the Grands brand but any will do!
- Gala Apples – diced into small pieces
- Lemon Juice – fresh or bottled.
- Sugar – granulated sugar and brown sugar
- Vanilla Extract – that one is my favorite organic pure vanilla.
- Spices – cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice
- Powdered Sugar – for the icing glaze.
- Half & Half – also for the glaze.
How To Make Apple Pull Apart Bread
- Apples – Cook the apples in a saucepan with brown sugar and seasonings.
- Biscuits – Lay out a can of biscuits individually, and top them with a spoonful of apples. Place them in a greased loaf pan. Repeat
- Cook – Cover the bread with foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook an additional 5-8.
- Cool – Let the bread cool for 5 minutes then remove from the pan.
- Make the icing – whisk the powdered sugar and half and half. Add in vanilla and stir again. Drizzle over the bread.
How Long Will This Last?
If you keep this bread at room temperature it will last about a day. In the refrigerator, you can store it up to a week, reheating individual servings. The good thing is, you won’t have to worry about storage because everyone will eat this up so quick!
We have more yummy fall recipes right here:
Apple Pull Apart Bread
- 2 cans Grands flakey refrigerated biscuits
- 4 gala apples diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add all the diced apples, brown sugar, and all seasonings to a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stirring occasionally, until apples have browned and softened and sauce is thick.
- Set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Begin to peel each biscuit by its layers.
- Goal is to have to make 16 biscuit halves
- Spoon about a tablespoon of the apple filling onto each biscuit piece.
- Stack the biscuit piece on top of one another to form , about 4-5 in a stack.
- Place your stacks in the loaf pan, with the biscuit on its side, without filling touching the pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove fromt he oven.
- Now remove the foil and bake until golden brown about 5-8 minutes
- Remove from the oven.
- Let the loaf cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
- After the 5 minutes remove the loaf from the pan.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and half and half, adding more if necessary to reach the desired consistency.
- And the vanilla and whisk again.
- Drizzle liberally over the loaf.