Caramel Corn Cookies are delicious soft cookies topped with caramel cream cheese frosting. To make them even better, each cookie is then topped with caramel corn and extra caramel sauce to finish it off. Heavenly!
These cookies are absolutely delicious with flavors that will make your mouth water! These easy-to-make cookies are quick to prepare with simple-to-make frosting that uses a handful of ingredients. You can garnish these amazing cookies with more caramel, caramel corn popcorn, or Crunch and Munch!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Sugar: You will need two types of sugar for this recipe. Light brown sugar for the batter and powdered sugar for the frosting.
Flour: You will need unbleached flour for this recipe along with the baking powder and baking soda to allow the cookies to properly rise in the oven.
Butter: You will combine butter with cream cheese to make the thick and creamy frosting.
Caramel Sauce: This will be added to the frosting and can be added on top for garnish as well.
How To Make Caramel Corn Cookies
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line a baking sheet. In a mixing bowl, add the butter and brown sugar and beat to combine. Put in the egg and vanilla and combine again. Put in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and combine again until fully incorporated.
Step 2. Use a cookie scoop to form the dough into 2 tbsp cookie balls and arrange them onto the prepared sheet about 2-inches apart. Place the cookies into the oven and bake for 9 minutes. Take it out of the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet. Prepare the frosting while the cookies are cooling.
Step 3. In a bowl, add the butter and cream cheese and combine using a hand mixer. Put in the powdered sugar, caramel, and vanilla and combine until fully incorporated and smooth. Put into a Ziploc bag and cut off one corner to make a piping bag. Add a good amount of the frosting onto the cookies and use a spatula or knife to evenly spread out. Top with caramel sauce and caramel corn for garnish. Serve and enjoy!
How To Store Caramel Corn Cookies?
Place the cookies into an air-tight container for the best storage method. Place the cookies in the fridge or freezer if you want them to last a while. You won’t be able to keep these cookies at room temperature unless you wait to put on the cream cheese frosting.
What Frosting Tastes The Best With Caramel Corn Cookies?
The best frosting for this recipe is the caramel cream cheese frosting. It is a combination of sweet and salty flavors and compliments the cookie’s flavor so well.
More Caramel Recipes:
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Rolo Stuffed Salted Caramel Cookies
- Frozen Caramel Coffee
- Salted Caramel Bundt Cake
Caramel Corn Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, 1 stick (softened)
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flour unbleached
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter unsalted
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp caramel sauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Caramel Corn Popcorn or Crunch and Munch
- Caramel Sauce
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a two-tablespoon cookie scoop, create cookie dough balls and place them about 2” apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 9 minutes, remove them from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet.
- While the cookies cool, combine the frosting ingredients by beating the butter and cream cheese together (I used a hand mixer).
- Add the powdered sugar, caramel, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Transfer the caramel cream cheese frosting to a zippered bag and cut the tip-off.
- Put a generous amount of frosting in the center of each cookie and carefully spread the frosting with a knife or spatula.
- Garnish with a generous amount of caramel sauce and top with caramel corn.