Carrot Bread is a tasty recipe that’s similar to carrot cake in bread form. Full of fresh carrots, walnuts, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. You can serve it up for breakfast or a sweet treat.
There are so many great bread recipes here and especially love using fruits and vegetables as our base. We love Strawberry Bread and Zucchini Bread but have you tried a carrot bread recipe yet? It is one of my families favorites.
I love having this around for my kids to grab and eat quickly on the way out the door to school. Like a lot of kids, they aren’t super into eating breakfast in the morning, but I can usually get them to at least eat a piece of carrot bread. They’ll get a little calcium, potassium, fiber and even a little protein out of a slice. If it makes it easier, you can always bake these in a muffin tin so they are smaller and to grab in a wrapper.
Ingredients You Will Need
To make your carrot bread recipe, here is the list of ingredients to pick up:
- Carrots. Peeled first, then grated.
- All-Purpose Flour.
- Baking Soda.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Vegetable Oil.
- Chopped Walnuts.
- Optional: raisins.
How To Make Carrot Bread
- Start by mixing the dry ingredients, minus the carrots and nuts.
- Separately, mix the wet ingredients with the carrots.
- Then, start combining the two by pouring half the flour mixture in the wet mixture and stirring completely.
- Stir in the rest of the dry ingredients and combine.
- Add in the walnuts last and stir.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan and bake for about an hour.
Depending on how thick you cut your slices, this will make about 14-16 pieces of bread.
Serve this up warm with a bit of butter or enjoy it with a warm cup of coffee. This goes from breakfast recipe to sweet treat pretty seamlessly.
Storing Your Bread
You can keep this carrot bread at room temperature in an airtight container for about a week. If you want to keep it longer or make a big batch at once, you can freeze it also. Just place it in a freezer bag and be sure to use it within a month.
More Recipes To Try
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter and flour a loaf pan, then set the pan aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Whisk the ingredients together and then set the bowl aside.
- In another large bowl, stir together the carrots, eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla, until they are well combined.
- Add in half of the flour mixture, and stir to combine, then add in the remaining half of the flour. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl as you mix together so all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour in the chopped walnuts, and stir until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and place in the center of the oven, on the center rack.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. Bread will be done when you insert a toothpick in the center of the loaf, and it comes out clean.