Strawberry Bread is a delicious homemade bread with fresh strawberries baked inside. It’s moist and soft and topped with a creamy strawberry glaze.
This was certainly the year for bread making, wasn’t it? When we all got stuck at home and were searching for something to do, for some reason bread rose to the top of our lists. Strawberry bread is one recipe that’s much more of a dessert, kind of like banana bread. If you haven’t made it before, now is your chance.
I like serving sweet breads like this for breakfast in the morning. They’re sort of like a dessert-muffin hybrid. You could serve it with coffee in the morning or with ice cream in the afternoon! Whatever time of day you pick, it’s delicious.
Ingredients You Will Need
These ingredients are very simple. With the exception maybe of the fresh fruit, I’ll bet you’ve got all the ingredients you’ll need already. Keeping your pantry stocked with the baking essentials means you will always be prepared to bake when the mood strikes.
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Unsalted Butter
Ingredients for the glaze
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
How To Make Strawberry Bread
- Dry Ingredients. Stir together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Wet Ingredients. Cream together the butter and sugar and then add in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine. Stir in the milk and half of the flour mix. Mix it well then add in the rest of the flour mix.
- Strawberries. Dice your strawberries into small pieces and fold them into the batter.
- Bake. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes on 350. Let it cool in the pan while you make the glaze.
- Glaze. Whisk together all the ingredients except the strawberries. You can add in more powdered sugar to make the glaze thicker as desired. Fold in the strawberries and pour over the bread once you’ve removed it from the pan.
More Strawberry Desserts to Try
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
White Chocolate Strawberry Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups strawberries finely chopped (about 8-10)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ⅓ cup strawberries finely chopped (about 3-4)
- ½ tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar, until it is fluffy, then add in the egg and vanilla. Continue mixing on medium speed, for an additional minute.
- Add in the milk, and half of the flour mixture and mix for about 30 seconds. Then add in the remaining half of the flour mixture. Scrape the sides of the bowl in between mixing, to make sure all of the ingredients are being combined.
- The batter will be very thick and almost like a dough. Stir in the chopped strawberries to evenly distribute them throughout the batter. The batter will slightly become less thick when the strawberries have been added.
- Pour the batter into a lightly sprayed or floured, bread loaf pan, and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool before frosting.
- For the glaze, in a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, melted butter, vanilla and cream. Stir in the strawberries until it is smooth.
- For thicker glaze, add in additional powdered sugar, ¼ cup at a time, until you reach the desired consistency.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.