Zucchini bread is one of my favorite things to make with summer veggies because you can use whatever extras are left over from your harvest. Enjoy a slice for breakfast, lunch, or dessert. This is a delicious quick bread recipe to enjoy your vegetables.
This Zucchini Bread recipe is so good! This bread is moist and soft and will just melt in your mouth. You can serve this bread with a meal or enjoy it by itself. This recipe consists of cinnamon, zucchini, apple sauce, and chopped pecans. All of these ingredients make this recipe super tasty. If you love zucchini treats, and then you are sure to love this Cranberry Lemon Zucchini Bread or Zucchini Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Flour- Use all-purpose for the best results.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Baking Soda- This will allow the recipe to rise in the oven.
- Cinnamon- This will be an additional spice added.
- Zucchini- This will need to be grated.
- Eggs- Use these at room temperature.
- Apple Sauce- This will give the bread more consistency.
- Oil- Use canola or vegetable oil.
- Sugar- Every great recipe uses sugar as an ingredient.
- Vanilla- Use the pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Pecans- These will need to be chopped.
How to Make Zucchini Bread
First, set the oven to 350 degrees.
Secondly, use cooking spray to lightly grease two loaf pans, then sprinkle a light amount of flour, or you can use butter or shortening with a bit of flour. Set aside.
Thirdly, put the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon into a large bowl and sift to combine.
Next, add the eggs, apple sauce, oil, sugar, and vanilla into a large bowl or standing mixer and beat to combine.
Now, pour half of the dry ingredients into the wet and mix continuously while pouring.
After, add the rest of the dry ingredients and combine on medium speed for 30-60 seconds.
Next, fold the zucchini and chopped pecans into the batter using a large spoon or spatula.
Finally, place the pans into the oven for 45-50 minutes or until you can touch the top and it springs back and is firm.
To finish, take the pans out and let them cool for 15-20 minutes before taking them out of the pans.
Can I use frozen grated zucchini to make zucchini bread?
Yes, you can use frozen zucchini for this recipe. You will want to thaw the zucchini before using it. Use a paper towel to remove any excess liquid.
Should I squeeze excess water out of my zucchini before making zucchini bread?
Yes, you will need to remove the excess water from the zucchini. Zucchini has a lot of water in it so leaving it for about 10 minutes will allow the water to release once grated. Then, you can use your hands to squeeze out the excess water and use a paper towel to remove any leftover water.
More Bread Recipes:
- Japanese Milk Bread Recipe
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Chocolate Mocha Banana Bread
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups grated zucchini about 3-4 medium zucchini
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ½ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare two bread loaf pans by lightly spraying with cooking oil and then adding a light dusting of flour, or coat the pans with butter or shortening and then coat in flour. Set the pans aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon, then set the bowl aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, or using a stand mixer, beat the eggs, apple sauce, oil, sugar, and vanilla until they are well combined. Add in half of the sifted ingredients, while continuously mixing them together. Pour in the remaining flour mixture and beat on low to medium speed until all of the ingredients are combined for about 30-60 seconds.
- Using a large spoon or spatula, stir in the zucchini and chopped pecans, evenly distributing them throughout the batter.
- Divide the batter and pour into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the top of the bread, springs back to the touch and is firm.
- Remove the pans from the oven and allow the loaves to cool for about 15-20 minutes before removing them from the pans.