We had celery that needed to be eaten and I wanted to come up with a fun idea that would get my 4 year old to try it. The first thing I thought of was a snake. This Celery Snake Snack ended up being so easy to make and a great way to get your kids to eat a healthy snack!
Celery Snake Snack
- 2 Stalks of Celery
- 1/4 cup of Cream Cheese
- 1 hand full of Spinach Leaves
- 1 Raisin
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper or Tomato
- Cut the celery stalks in pieces and at a angle using a knife.
- Fit them together on a plate in the shape of a snake.
- Mix the cream cheese and spinach in a chopper or blender….
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture in a plastic baggie and snip off the corner with kitchen scissors.
- Squeeze the mixture inside of the celery stalks like this…
- Cut a raisin in half for the eyes.
- Cut off a strip of a roasted red pepper or tomato for the tongue and mouth…
I thought my 4 year old was freaked out by the snake, but it turns out it was the fact that I served him celery. At least I got him to try it! My 8 year old (who I never imagined would eat celery) ended up eating it and thought it was pretty awesome!
Here is a full view…
The cream cheese and spinach mixture tastes great with the celery. I will make this often for myself. Try it with your kids and let us know what they thought of it.
If you like our Celery Snake Snack…make sure to check out our other fun Silly Snacks HERE!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
3 comments on “Celery Snake Snack”
That is sooo cute and sounds delish!
Perfect … boys and snakes! Great idea … at least they tried celery!
Thanks Brenda! I will take the I tried it!:)