If you love Macs, there is a way to enjoy a Big Mac in the form of cheeseburger cups. You can make these amazing cheeseburgers with a twist. Make these cups for dinner or for an appetizer or a fast and easy lunch.
Big Mac Cups
If you love Macs, you’ll be happy to know that there is a way to order a Big Mac in the form of a cheeseburger cup. The Big Mac Cheeseburger Cups are a great way to enjoy the iconic American burger in one bite. This is a different version of our popular Cheeseburger Puffs. If you want to make a McDonald’s at home kind of night, don’t forget Apple Hand Pies (McDonald’s Copycat and Shamrock Shake (McDonald’s Copycat).
- hamburger buns – You will be adding half of the bun into the cups to create the taste of the Big Mac
- ground beef- You can use whatever grade or percentage that you like.
- onion- Dice the onion into small pieces
- Worcestershire sauce- This adds a ton of flavor
- American cheese – You need to cut it into four pieces
- sesame seed- This brings in the flavors of the sesame seed buns.
- dill pickle chips- You can’t have a burger without the pickle.
- thousand island dressing- This is the secret sauce.
How to Make Cheeseburger Cups
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spray the muffin cups with nonstick spray.
Place halves of the bun, cut side down, in each muffin cup, pressing to thin out the bun.
In a frying pan, brown the meat and drain it. Remove from heat.
Add the seasonings and onion to the meat.
Place a 1/4 of a slice of cheese on each cup
Add the meat to the cups, dividing evenly through the cups.
Bake 10-12 minutes until the buns are lightly browned.
Take the pan out of the oven and add more cheese to the top of each cup.
Sprinkle each one with sesame seeds, a drizzle of the thousand islands, and a pickle chip.
What’s in a Big Mac?
A Big Mac is a McDonald’s specialty. A big mac consists of two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles on a sesame seed bun. Did anyone else just sing that like in the commercials. The Big Mac has a special sauce on it, which is basically is just thousand island dressing.
How to Reheat Cheeseburger Cups
If you have leftovers of these cheeseburger cups, you want to store them in the refrigerator. Reheat your cheeseburger cups in the microwave. Cook them on high for about 1 minute. You can also reheat them in the oven, but make sure to not over bake them.
More Copycat Recipes:
- Copycat Air Fryer Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
- KFC Coleslaw Recipe
- Burger Sauce Recipe (In-N-Out Copycat)
- Crunchwrap Supreme (Taco Bell Copycat)
Big Mac Cheeseburger Cups
- 6 hamburger buns split
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon worcheshire sauce
- 6 slices American cheese each cut into four pieces
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed
- 12 dill pickle chips
- ¼ cup thousand island dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12 count regular-size muffin cup with non-stick spray.
- Press half of a bun, cut side up, into each muffin cup, pressing to thin out the bun some.
- In a large skillet brown and crumble your ground beef and drain.
- Remove from heat.
- To the meat add your worcheshire sauce, onion, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a quarter of each slice of cheese into each cup.
- Divide the mixture evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until the buns are lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and immediately top each cup with another quarter of the cheese slices.
- Sprinkle each one with sesame seeds, a drizzle of the thousand islands, and a pickle chip.