This Delicious Classic Cherry Cake Recipe is a moist cake that has cherry juice. This recipe takes a traditional white cake to a whole new level. This cake is topped with a homemade vanilla buttercream frosting with cherries used as the garnish, this cake is stunning to look at and even better to eat.
If you can not get enough cherry desserts, you will love Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Easy Cherry Cake Recipe
This cake is flavored with cherry juice to give the cake its delicious cherry taste. You can add chopped cherries into the cake batter as well and even more on top of the frosting if you prefer. You can also add chocolate chips to give this cake a different variety. With how amazing this cake is, you will want to try it many different ways to enjoy this cake all the time.
Such a pretty cake to make for Valentine’s Day!
Ingredients You Will Need:
- White Cake Mix
- Canola Oil
- Maraschino Cherries
- Red Food Coloring
- Unsalted butter
- Whole milk
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Almond extract
- Kosher salt
How to Make a Cherry Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pam spray a 13×9 cake pan and set aside.
Mix the cake mix, water, canola oil, eggs and maraschino cherry juice
together in a stand mixer.
Pour mix into prepared pan.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Set aside and allow cake to cool.
While the cake is cooling, begin the frosting.
Prepare the frosting by combining the butter and milk in a large
saucepan, bring to a boil
Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the confectioners’ sugar,
almond extract, and salt
Spread evenly onto the top of the cake
Garnish with the cherries.
Can I Use Fresh Cherries?
Well yes, but fresh cherries take more time to pit and cut up, and the taste may come out more subtle! This is a white cake with cherry juice and the other wet ingredients are water and oil. If you really want to use fresh cherries you will still need some cherry juice to get that cherry flavor. I would also recommend adding chopped cherries into the batter for more cherry flavor as well.
Can I Freeze This?
Yes! Freezing cake is always a great way to keep a dessert on hand. I like to do this when there is more cake than we will eat before it goes bad. I freeze the cake on a plate first so that the frosting freezes first. This prevents the frosting from sticking to the plastic. Then you can wrap the cake with plastic. Be sure to remove the plastic wrap before letting it thaw.
Other Cherry Desserts You Will Love:
Easy Cherry Cake Recipe
- 1 package of White Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- 1/3 cup vegetable Oil
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 1/2 TBSP Maraschino Cherry Juice
- 1 Drop of Red Food Coloring
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pam spray a 13x9 cake pan and set aside.
- Mix the cake mix, water, oil, eggs and maraschino cherry juice together in a stand mixer.
- Pour mix into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Set aside and allow cake to cool.
- While the cake is cooling, begin the frosting.
- Prepare the frosting by combining the butter and milk in a large saucepan, bring to a boil
- Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, and salt
- Spread evenly onto the top of the cake
- Garnish with the cherries.