Chocolate Brownie Cherry Bombs with Whiskey
Chocolate Brownie Cherry Bombs have a hidden surprise inside: a Crown Royal Whisky soaked cherry. It’s a yummy adult treat is perfect for Valentine’s Day.
This is certainly not the first time we’ve used whisky in the kitchen. Last Valentine’s Day we made some Red Velvet Bourbon Cake Balls that were amazing! If you want a treat you can share with the whole family though, try the Love Bug Cookies or Valentine Soft Cookies.
Chocolate Brownie Cherry Bombs
These are made in a couple of steps. The first thing that needs to be done is soaking the cherries overnight.
To do that, just pour the cherries into a bowl, pour the whisky over them and refrigerate until the next day. Then, you’re ready to make the brownies.
- Brownie Mix
- Chocolate Frosting
Next, make your brownies according to the instructions on the box. If you’ve got a favorite homemade recipe you love, that works, too.
Once they’re done baking, crumble them up and add some chocolate frosting.
Scoop them into balls with a small ice cream scoop. Make an indention for the cherry to sit in, and then roll it up.
Next, melt the chocolate and dip each brownie bomb into it with a fork and add some chocolate sprinkles. Let it dry on parchment paper. When they’ve hardened, go ahead and enjoy!
Can You Make These Without Whisky?
Yes! You simply just skip out on the Crown Royal. It’s that easy. Doing that also saves you some time if you’re in a rush because you don’t have to soak them overnight.
Keep these in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. Enjoy!
Chocolate Brownie Cherry Bombs
Crown Royal Cherry Ingredients
- 1 8 oz jar of Maraschino Cherries
- 8-16 oz Crown Royal Whisky
- 1 - 18.4 oz box of Betty Crocker milk chocolate brownie mix
- 3 TBSP water
- 1/2 C oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 container of chocolate frosting
- 1 8 oz bag of Ghiradelli melting chocolate
- 1 small container of chocolate sprinkles
- Drain and Rinse Maraschino cherries
- Pour the cherries into a small bowl
- Pour whisky over the cherries. Make sure you pour just enough to cover the top of the cherries
- Allow to sit overnight so that the cherries can soak in the whisky
- Remove cherries from the whisky and place onto a paper towel to allow the cherries to drip dry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13x9 baking pan with pam baking spray
- Follow the directions on the back of the box to prepare the brownie batter
- Once batter is made, pour it into the baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with few crumbs
- Allow to cool completely
- Once the brownies have cooled completely, start to crumble the brownies into a large bowl
- Mix in using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, 1/2 C of the chocolate frosting
- Mix until the brownies start to form a dough
- Using the small ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough and roll into a ball
- Push your thumb into the center of the dough ball to form an indention
- Place a cherry inside the indention
- Mold the dough around the cherry and roll it into a ball
- Place onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Continue the steps until all cherries have been rolled into a ball
- Using a large microwave safe bowl, melt the melting chocolate in increments of 45 second or until the chocolate is melted and smooth
- Using a fork, dip the brownie balls into the chocolate and roll until fully coated
- Pick up the brownie ball with the fork and lightly tap the edge of the bowl to remove extra chocolate
- Place brownie ball onto the cookie sheet
- Sprinkle a little bit of the chocolate sprinkles onto the brownie balls
- Repeat steps until all brownie balls have been dipped in the chocolate
- Allow the chocolate to harden before enjoying!