Chocolate Brownie Cherry Bombs have a hidden surprise inside: a Crown Royal Whisky soaked cherry. It’s a yummy adult treat that is perfect for Valentine’s Day, Christmas or any time you are craving a delicious brownie bomb.
Chocolate Brownie Cherry Bombs
This is certainly not the first time we’ve used whiskey in the kitchen. It’s fun to add a little kick to some adult treats every once in awhile. Try our Irish Whiskey Brownies or Red Velvet Bourbon Cake Balls if you are looking for more fun recipes.
You can also skip the alcohol if you are looking for a treat the whole family can enjoy. These brownie bombs taste just as good without the whiskey. If you want more treats you can share with the whole family try the Valentine Crinkle Cookies or Valentine Soft Cookies.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Brownie Mix– Try our Homemade Brownie Mix or use your favorite store bought.
- Cherries– You Will use maraschino cherries.
- Frosting– Use our 5-Minute Chocolate Buttercream Frosting or any chocolate store bought.
- Chocolate– You will need melting chocolate for the coating.
- Whiskey– We used Crown Royal to soak the cherries in.
- Sprinkles– We used chocolate jimmies but you can change these up depending on the holiday or occasion.
How To Make Brownie Bombs with Cherries
- If you are making the alcohol version you will need to soak your cherries overnight. Just pour the cherries into a bowl, pour the whisky over them and refrigerate until the next day.
- Next, make your brownies according to the instructions on the box. If you’ve got a favorite homemade recipe you love, that works, too.
- Once they’re done baking, crumble them up and add some chocolate frosting.
- Scoop them into balls with a small ice cream scoop. Make an indention for the cherry to sit in.
- Work the brownie around the cherry to make a ball.
- Next, melt the chocolate and dip each brownie bomb into it with a fork and add some chocolate sprinkles.
- Let it dry on parchment paper. When they’ve hardened, go ahead and enjoy!
Can You Make These Without Whisky?
Yes! You simply just skip out on the Crown Royal. It’s that easy. Doing that also saves you some time if you’re in a rush because you don’t have to soak them overnight.
How To Store Brownie Bombs
Keep these in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Other Great Brownie Recipes
Chocolate Brownie Cherry Bombs
Crown Royal Cherry Ingredients
- 1 8 ounce jar of Maraschino Cherries
- 8-16 ounces Crown Royal Whisky
- 1 18.4 oz box of chocolate brownie mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 container of chocolate frosting
- 1 8 ounce bag of Ghiradelli melting chocolate
- 1 small container of chocolate sprinkles
- Drain and Rinse Maraschino cherries.
- Pour the cherries into a small bowl.
- Pour whisky over the cherries. Make sure you pour just enough to cover the top of the cherries.
- Allow to sit overnight so that the cherries can soak in the whisky.
- Remove cherries from the whisky and place onto a paper towel to allow the cherries to drip dry.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13×9 baking pan with baking spray.
- Follow the directions on the back of the box to prepare the brownie batter.
- Once batter is made, pour it into the baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with few crumbs.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Once the brownies have cooled completely, start to crumble the brownies into a large bowl.
- Mix in using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, 1/2 C of the chocolate frosting.
- Mix until the brownies start to form a dough.
- Using the small ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough and roll into a ball.
- Push your thumb into the center of the dough ball to form an indention.
- Place a cherry inside the indention.
- Mold the dough around the cherry and roll it into a ball.
- Place onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Continue the steps until all cherries have been rolled into a ball.
- Using a large microwave safe bowl, melt the melting chocolate in increments of 45 second or until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Using a fork, dip the brownie balls into the chocolate and roll until fully coated.
- Pick up the brownie ball with the fork and lightly tap the edge of the bowl to remove extra chocolate.
- Place brownie ball onto the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle a little bit of the chocolate sprinkles onto the brownie balls.
- Repeat steps until all brownie balls have been dipped in the chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to harden before enjoying!