These easy Chocolate Christmas Tree Pretzels are the cutest holiday treats to make with your kids! You can use them as festive toppers for cakes and cupcakes or enjoy them on their own.
Festive Chocolate Christmas Tree Pretzels
This recipe is a total hit for class parties at school! They go perfect with this Grinch Popcorn and these Peanut Butter Cup Christmas trees! My kids love to show up to holiday parties with a handmade treat they were able to help create.
If your kids love to get in the kitchen and make holiday treats but aren’t quite old enough for baking, this is perfect. You can hand over all the ingredients and let them go free! No matter if they look beautiful or a total mess they taste exactly the same.
You can let them “decorate” their tree however they’d like. Sprinkles make the perfect mini edible ornaments. They can make a colorful tree, a gold tree, or a Hanukkah tree!
Add these adorable chocolate pretzel trees to a vanilla cupcake topped with white frosting and coconut or sanding sugar to look like snow. Such an easy Holiday dessert that always looks so festive. Adults and kids will really love this AND these are delicious!
How to Make Edible Christmas Tree Treats
You can set them up for their treat making by melting the green candy melts with a double broiler or in the microwave for 10 second increments. Candy melts burn easy so you want to make sure you don’t cook them for too long. If they become chalky, toss them and start over.
While you do that, the kids can lay out their pretzel sticks and choose their sprinkles. Quickly put the melted chocolate in a squeeze bottle and let them create. When they’re finished they can pop them in the fridge for a little bit to harden them.
As a family we also like to make treats to take to our neighbors and coworkers. This would be a great addition!
Tell me your favorite Christmas treat to make with your kids!
Chocolate Christmas Tree Pretzels
- 1 bag of mini pretzel sticks
- 1 bag of green candy melts
- 3-5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 container of Christmas sprinkles
- 1 cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- 1 squeeze bottle with a number 2 tip Sugarbelle line from Michaels
- Using a double boiler, melt the candy melts and coconut and mix until smooth
- Carefully scoop the melted candy melt into the decorating bottle
- Place about 10 pretzel sticks onto the parchment paper
- Using the squeeze bottle, pipe the details of a Christmas tree onto the pretzel
- Sprinkle some Christmas sprinkles onto the chocolate
- Allow to harden for 2 hours before carefully removing from parchment paper and enjoying!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- double boiler
LIKE THESE CHRISTMAS TREE PRETZELS? PIN IT!