Grinch Popcorn – Easy Christmas Treat
This Grinch Popcorn is sweet, salty and delicious! It’s easy and such a huge hit with kids and the grown-ups. Perfect for a movie night to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
For every holiday, we love making popcorn mixes. It’s just such a great festive snack to make. As many different popcorn snacks as we have made, this one is always the most popular! Because we love The Grinch so much, we have a BUNCH more Grinch recipes for you to try.
The fun part about this is that kids can make this fun Christmas snack mix all by themselves. If you make a list of holiday activities to cross off like an advent calendar, this is a great one to do.
Ingredients You Will Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Bright Green Candy Melts
- Wilton Green Candy Melts
- Wilton Yellow Candy Melts
- Mini M&M’s
- Jumbo Heart Sprinkles
- Red M&M’s
Grinch Popcorn Recipe
This is super easy. Grab your ingredients and let’s get ready for movie night!
- Pop the popcorn. You can use pre-popped popcorn if you’d like to save a few minutes.
- Melt the green candy melts and pour over the popcorn.
- Stir the popcorn and add in M&M’s and hearts.
- Spread the popcorn mixture out on parchment paper to let cool.
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl.
- Cut the yellow candy melts in half and stick a red M&M on top with a drop of cookie icing.
You can find this adorable stuffed Grinch HERE.
My boys gobbled this stuff up and just loved it! We plan to make this every Christmas. I just love adding new traditions to our family. So yummy and such a fun treat to make with the kids!
Watch how it’s made…
Here are some more holiday recipes to try:
- 15 cups Popcorn about 1 cup before popping
- 12 oz package Bright Green Candy Melts
- 6 oz Wilton Green Candy Melts
- 3 oz Wilton Yellow Candy Melts
- ¼ cup mini M&M's
- ¼ Jumbo Heart Sprinkles
- Red M&M's
- Pop the popcorn.
- Pour the green candy melts in a glass bowl. Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute, then 30 seconds between stirring.
- Pour the melted chocolate on the popcorn and mix well.
- Stir in half of your candy hearts and green M&M’s.
- Spread out the popcorn onto wax paper.
- Add the rest of the candy hearts and sprinkles on top and let it set for about 15 minutes.
- Scoop the cooled popcorn into a large bowl.
- Cut the yellow candy melt disks in half and attach a mini red M&M’s on the top using cookie icing. Place them on top of the popcorn