It’s October everybody! Gather your baking equipment and bring on the spookiness to make these fun Frankenstein Halloween Cupcakes. For this recipe, we will all be turning into mad scientists to create our very own green monsters.
Frankenstein Halloween Cupcakes
Halloween is right around the corner! These Frankenstein Cupcakes are for sure going to make an impact at any party you’re attending or having. These cute cupcakes are shaped like Frankensteins’ heads with that signature green color with chocolate sprinkles for hair. This Oreo Layered Halloween Brownies Recipe or this Halloween Fudge – Looks Like Candy Corn is another amazing Halloween-themed recipe to make.
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Milk– Use whole or 2% milk.
- Vegetable Oil– Use vegetable oil or canola as a substitute.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Baking Powder– Use this to allow the recipe to rise in the oven.
- Vanilla– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Cocoa Powder– Use this to make a chocolate batter.
- Sprinkles– Use chocolate sprinkles for Frankenstein’s hair.
- Eatable Eyes– Use these to decorate your cupcakes.
- M&M’s– Use brown chocolate M&M’s for additional decoration.
- Butter– Use this to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Powdered Sugar– Use this to make the best homemade icing.
- Food Coloring– Use green food coloring gel, not the liquid.
How to Make Frankenstein Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
To start, combine the eggs and sugar using a whisk in a mixing bowl until fluffy and white.
Secondly, pour in the milk and oil using the same whisk to combine.
Thirdly, sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and vanilla into a separate bowl.
Next, whisk the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients at low speed until fully incorporated. (Mixing the ingredients too fast will cause the air to escape and keep the recipe from rising)
In addition, prepare cupcake molds by adding cupcake liners.
Furthermore, pour in the batter and place into the oven for 20 minutes at 170 degrees.
To finish, use a toothpick to poke a hole in the center and make sure there is no wet cake batter.
Once done, take the cupcakes out right away and set them aside to cool.
For butter Cream:
To begin, combine the butter and powdered sugar with a whisk until fluffy and white.
Secondly, put in the green coloring until you reach the color brightness you want.
Thirdly, use a spatula to form a head-shaped circle of cream.
Next, top the cupcake with sprinkles for hair and add the candy eyes.
Serve and Enjoy!
What is the best way to color the frosting?
You want to first use food coloring gel and not food coloring liquid. This will allow the colors to blend nicely with the batter. Start with a few drops of color and slowly add more until you like the color you have created.
Do these cupcakes need to be refrigerated?
These Halloween Cupcakes do not have to be placed in the fridge. These cupcakes are okay to stay out at room temperature for a while. Although, placing the recipe in the fridge will allow a longer shelf life.
More Halloween Recipes:
Chocolate Frankenstein Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- 2 + ½ cup 340 g Flour
- 1 cup 240 g milk
- 1 cup 225 g vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp 22 g cocoa powder
- Chocolate sprinkles for decoration
- Eatable eyes for decoration
- Brown Chocolate M&M’s for decoration
For the Butter Cream:
- 1 cup 227 g butter
- 3 cups 390 g powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Green food coloring
For the Cupcakes:
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until it gets fluffy and white
- Then add milk and oil and continue to whisk.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Add it to the liquid mixture and whisk it in a low setting. If you beat it too much, the air will escape, it will not rise.
- Put cake mixture into the papers that are placed in the cupcake molds.
- Cook it at 170 degrees for 20 minutes without opening it.
- Test with a toothpick and check if it is cooked and take it out immediately and cool it down.
For Butter Cream:
- Beat the butter, then add powdered sugar.
- Whisk until it gets fluffy and white.
- Add the green food coloring. (Until the desired color)
- Make a head-shaped circle with a spatula.
- Decorate with sprinkles and eatable eyes.