Halloween Chex Mix
This Halloween Chex Mix is the perfect treat to make for a classroom, a pumpkin carving party or movie night. It’s full of cinnamon butter coated pretzels, Kettle corn and lots of festive candy.
Making a snack mix is my go to treat when I want something fun and festive. It’s so easy and everyone gobbles it up. We have made one for every holiday and season I can think of and have loved adding this one to the mix!
Halloween Chex Mix
One of my favorite things in October when Halloween is coming up is family move nights. Before kids, we loved watching all the new scary movies, and now, we watch all the old family classics. Plus, there’s always at least one or two ones every year. Making trail mixes on crisp, fall movie nights is one of our favorite traditions!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Rice Chex Cereal – this is the base of this and most trail mix recipes. We are using a plain Chex since we are adding flavor in ourselves.
- Pretzels – Using tiny twist pretzels fits best here.
- Kettle Corn – You can pop this fresh yourself or buy it pre-made to save some time.
- Butter – To coat the snack mix in seasonings.
- Brown Sugar & Cinnamon – to add the yummy flavor to the Chex and pretzels.
- Candy – We used candy corn, pumpkin candy corn and Reese’s Pieces.
Keep in mind, the list of candies can be changed to be things you love. You can switch the Reese’s Pieces for M&Ms or the candy corn a different candy favorite. Feel free to make it the version you love!
How To Make A Halloween Snack Mix
- MELT the butter with brown sugar in the microwave. Stir in the cinnamon.
- TOSS in with the Chex cereal and pretzels.
- SPREAD half the mix onto one baking sheet, and half onto another.
- BAKE for 35-40 minutes, stirring once half way through. Let the mix cool.
- ADD CANDY and mix together, then transfer to a serving bowl.
This Halloween Chex mix is truly so easy to make and tastes terrific every single time. I love recipes that I simply can’t mess up.
How Do I Store Chex Mix?
You can store this mix in ziploc bags or airtight tupperware right at room temperature. It usually tastes best within the first day or two.
More Halloween Treats To Make
Halloween Snack Mix
- 2 sheet pans
- Large mixing bowls
- Parchment paper
- 2 cups Candy corn
- 1 12 ounce box Rice chex
- 3 cups Pretzels
- 2 cups kettle corn
- 1 cup Pumpkin candy corn
- 2 boxes Reeses pieces
- ½ cup Butter melted
- ½ cup Brown sugar packed
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside
- Melt butter and brown sugar in the microwave for one minute or until completely melted. Stir in cinnamon.
- Toss with Chex rice cereal and pretzels. Divide in two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes stirring at the 20 minute mark. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl or directly on the pan, mix the chex pretzel mix with the rest of the ingredients. Enjoy!