I’m obsessed with these Chocolate Strawberry Brownies. I just love the combination of sweet, fresh strawberries with fudgy chocolate. This brownie recipe is perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies
These taste just like a chocolate-dipped strawberry – so rich and delicious. The sweet and tart strawberries are heavenly with the chocolate chunks in these gooey fudgy, chewy brownies. The rich chocolate ganache and extra fresh strawberries on top sets these fudgy brownies over the top!
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Triple Chunk Brownie Mix – using the oil, eggs, and water as described on the back of the box.
- Strawberries – you’ll need fresh strawberries.
- Chocolate Ganache – semi-sweet chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream.
How To Make Chocolate Strawberry Brownies
There is only a 10-minute prep to make this awesome strawberry brownies recipe!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the brownies according to the box directions adding in 1/2 cup of the fresh strawberries to the brownie batter. Pour the mixture into a prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
How To Make Chocolate Ganache
- Whisk the heavy cream and chocolate over medium heat over a saucepan of water. Once melted, remove from heat and let the melted chocolate cool slightly.
- Slice some strawberries and arrange them on top of the cooked brownies.
- Pour the ganache over the strawberries. Top with the remaining sliced strawberries and drizzle ganache on the top.
- Cut into bars and serve!
Tips and Tricks
- Feel free to make homemade brownies instead of using boxed brownie mix. You can use any brownie mix for this recipe including milk chocolate brownies or dark chocolate brownies.
- After washing the strawberries, dry them really well before using them to top the brownies.
- Once the strawberries are washed and cut, they don’t store well. It’s best to eat these brownies the day that you make them. After awhile, the strawberries will become soggy and change the consistency of this dessert.
- Can you freeze these brownies? I do not recommend freezing as the texture will become soggy when thawing.
More Brownie Recipes:
Chocolate Strawberry Brownies
- 1 box Triple Chunk Brownie mix
- (oil eggs, and water as described on the back of the box)
- 2 baskets of fresh strawberries chopped
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Follow the directions on the back of the brownie box to make the brownie using a 9×13 pan.
- Stir 1 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries in the brownie mix. Pour brownie mix into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Fill a small pot 1/4 of the way with water. Place it onto the stove on medium heat. Once the water starts to simmer place the heatproof bowl over the water.
- Add in the chocolate and heavy whipping cream. Using a whisk, mix until combined and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Scoop some of the ganache into the bag and set aside for decorating.
- Slice some strawberries and place onto the top of the brownies.
- Spread the chocolate ganache over the strawberries. Let completely cool.
- Add more sliced strawberries to the top of the ganache brownies. Drizzle the reserved ganache on top of the of strawberries and then cut into bars.