Who loves desserts with a great mix of flavors? A flavorful, moist, and chunky chocolate texture. Well, this wonderful Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars is the perfect addition for a dessert after a homemade meal. Your friends and family will absolutely love this treat for any occasion.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars recipe doesn’t have too many ingredients but will make an incredibly flavor-filled dessert. These directions are very easy to follow along with and will have a delicious dessert in under an hour. Your loved ones may just have a new favorite treat to share with while making memories and bonding with each other. Be sure to write this recipe down!
- Flour- You will want to use All-purpose flour for best results.
- Pumpkin pie spice- This will add that lovely taste of pumpkin.
- Baking soda- This will help your ingredients rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the salt in a recipe.
- Egg- Use a room temperature egg.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Pumpkin puree– Be sure to use puree and not the pumpkin filling.
- Sweet chocolate chips- This will be for that chocolatey flavor and texture.
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
Set your oven to 350 degrees.
Use parchment paper to line a baking dish and evenly spray with Pam. Then, set aside.
Combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and mix to combine. Then, set aside.
Beat the butter and sugar in a standing mixer until light and fluffy.
Add in the egg and butter and mix until well stirred.
Add in the pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients.
Carefully add in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips and chunks.
Evenly add the batter into the prepared dish.
Add the rest of the chocolate chips and chunks over the batter.
For 30-45 minutes, bake in the oven or until a tester comes out clear of batter.
Let is rest and cool before serving.
Can I Freeze Extra Pumpkin Bars?
You can freeze any leftover Chocolate Pumpkin Bars. You will want to enjoy these dessert bars right away for the best taste. However, they will last longer in the freezer and be fine. Cut the bars into pieces and then freeze them. It makes it easier to remove one bar at a time.
What’s the Best Chocolate for These Bars?
You can use any chocolate you want for the Pumpkin Bars. There are many types of chocolate that you can use. You can use white chocolate, dark chocolate or even chocolate with nuts inside.
More Dessert Bar Recipes
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a brownie baking dish with parchment paper and spray with pam spray, set aside
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt and whisk to combine. Set aside
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Mix in the egg and vanilla and beat until combined
- Mix in the pumpkin puree and beat until combined
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until combined
- Fold in ¾ C of the semi sweet chocolate chips and the chocolate chunks
- Spread batter into your brownie baking dish
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips and chunks onto the batter
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely before cutting it and enjoying!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.