A truly decadent treat comes in the form of my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake. With a chocolate cookie crust topped with a creamy peanut butter cheesecake filling and topped with a rich chocolate topping you can’t go wrong making this indulgent treat today.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
There are a few flavor combinations that are truly perfect together. Peanut butter and chocolate is one of them. If you love cheesecake as much as I do, then this recipe brings three of your favorite things together in one decadent bite. A simple chocolate cookie crust is topped with a rich and creamy cheesecake filling. The thin layer of chocolate and chopped peanuts on top bring this together to create a dessert you love sharing and feel like an expert baking.
What Size Springform Pan do I Need?
When you are making this peanut butter cheesecake you are going to use a 9-inch springform pan. You can use a 10-inch pan but the cheesecake will be thinner and require a shorter bake time.
Tip: I’ve also used smaller pans when I was in a pinch, just remember that you don’t want the pan completely full as the cheesecake will rise and spill over the top. At a minimum, I would use an 8″ springform pan for this recipe.
How do I Keep My Cheesecake From Cracking?
There are a few reasons why the cheesecake will crack but they are easy fixes. First, don’t overmix the ingredients. You want it fluffy and creamy but not overbeaten. Using room temperature cream cheese helps with this.
The best suggestion I have is to use a water bath when baking the cheesecake. This really helps make it cook evenly and without cracks. Lastly, do not over bake the cheesecake as it will cause it to be too dry and crack.
Can I Use Crunchy Peanut Butter?
If you want to make this a crunchy peanut butter cheesecake you can. The crunchy peanut butter will add pieces of peanuts that will add a bit of crunch to the creamy cheesecake.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Unsalted sweet cream butter
- Cream cheese
- Brown sugar
- Sour cream
- Vanilla extract
- Peanut butter
Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache
- Heavy whipping cream
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make a Chocolate Cookie Crust
- Begin by preparing your springform pan with a piece of parchment paper lining the bottom, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a food processor or blender to grind the cookies and sugar until it is combined and a sand-like texture.
- Pour this cookie mixture into a medium bowl along with melted butter and stir together before pressing it into the bottom of the springform pan to create your crust.
- Put it in the oven to bake for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool while you mix the cheesecake filling.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- To make your cheesecake filling, begin by mixing together your cream cheese, brown sugar, and sour cream until it is smooth.
- Next, add in your eggs one at a time mixing well between each egg
- Add in the vanilla and peanut butter and mix until smooth before pouring over the cookie crust.
- Now, place a large pan of water onto the bottom rack of your oven.
- Put the cheesecake on the rack above the baking dish, and cook for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- After 15 minutes, reduce the heat to 200 degrees, and bake for 2 hours.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cool completely before covering and putting into the refrigerator overnight.
Making the Chocolate Ganache
- In a saucepan, add heavy cream and bring to a slight boil.
- Now, add chocolate chips and the hot heavy cream to a large bowl and whisk together until smooth (around 1 minute).
- Pour the ganache over the cheesecake and smooth before sprinkling with chopped nuts.
More Cheesecake Recipes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Peanut Butter cheesecake
For chocolate ganache
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounce semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9inch round springform pan.
- Using a food processor, ground up the cookies and sugar until sand like.
- Dump into a medium bowl and mix in the melted butter.
- Press the crust into the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool while you make the filling.
- Using a hand mixer and a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, and sour cream until combined and smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until combined after each egg.
- Beat in the vanilla until combined.
- Beat in the peanut butter until combined.
- Pour batter into the crust.
- Place a large pan of water onto the bottom of the rack in the oven.
- Place the cheesecake onto the second rack in the oven directly over the middle part of the water pan.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Lower oven temp to 200 degrees and continue to bake the cheesecake for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before placing in the fridge overnight.
- Remove cheesecake from springform pan.
- Using a small stove pot, place the heavy whipping cream into the pot and bring to a slight boil.
- Pour chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl.
- Pour hot heavy whipping cream over chocolate chips and allow to sit for 1 minute before whisking until smooth.
- Pour chocolate ganache over the top of the cheesecake and smooth evenly.
- Sprinkle the peanuts around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!