Who doesn’t love Reese’s? If so, you will want to make these Reese’s Sandwich cookies. These cookies are so soft and chewy with a cream filling in the middle. These cookies are going to be come one of your favorite chocolate sandwich cookie recipes.
Reese’s Chocolate Cookies
These Reese’s sandwich cookies are so good and easy to make. All you have to do is prepare the cookies and make the filling. Then, you will sandwich the filling in between two of the finished cookies. This sweet treat is great for dessert buffets, or any occasion with a ton of guests who love a good dessert. If you want, you can make these Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Sandwich Cookies or these Peanut Butter S’ mores Sandwich Cookies along with these sandwich cookies.
- Flour- Use all-purpose for the best results.
- Cocoa Powder- This will be used for the main chocolate flavor.
- Baking Soda- This will allow the cookies to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors and the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great recipe uses sugar as an ingredient.
- Brown Sugar- This will add richness to the desert.
- Butter- Use unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Peanut Butter- You only creamy peanut butter.
- Vanilla- Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Egg- Use these at room temperature.
- Milk- Use whole or 2% milk.
- Reese Pieces- These will be added to the recipe for texture.
- Peanut Butter Frosting – this is our favorite homemade peanut butter frosting recipe.
How to Make Reese’s Sandwich Cookies
To start, set the oven to 350 degrees, and use parchment paper to line a cookie sheet.
Secondly, the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and combine.
Thirdly, add the butter sugars and peanut butter into a standing mixer and beat until smooth and creamy.
Next, add in the egg and vanilla and combine.
Gradually add in the dry ingredients.
Use a spatula to fold in the reeses pieces of candy.
Next, scoop the dough using a small ice cream scoop and roll it in your hands to form a ball.
Arrange the dough onto a cookie sheet and use a flat bottom glass cup to push down slightly.
Finally, place into the oven to bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Then, remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool while you begin making the frosting.
To begin, add all the ingredients into a standing mixer and combine until smooth and stiff peaks form.
Place the frosting into a piping bag.
To start, match up each of the cookies to their size partner.
Add a tablespoon amount of frosting to the bottom cookie in the center.
Place the size partner on top and press down gently.
Serve and enjoy with a big glass of milk!
How to store Reese’s Cookies?
Storing the chocolate sandwich cookies is easy. You will want to place the cookies into an airtight container. You will want to store the recipe at room temperature to eat immediately or place it in the fridge.
How to Freeze these cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these cookies. Freezing the cookie dough is very beneficial for this recipe. Freezing the dough before baking allows the dough to form easily.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Fluffernutter Sandwich
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies
- Peanut Butter Muddy Buddy Cookies
Reese's Sandwich cookies
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 C Reese pieces
- Peanut Butter Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour. cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, sugar's and peanut butter until smooth and creamy
- Mix in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined
- Stir in the dry ingredients
- Mix in the Reese Piece candy
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out some dough and roll it into a ball
- Place onto the cookie sheet and slightly push down with the bottom of a glass cup
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes
- Let cool completely while making the frosting
- Using a standing mixer, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth and stiff peaks form
- Scoop into the piping bag and set aside
- Pair up the cookies to their size partner
- Once you have matching cookies take the bottom cookie and pipe a tablespoon size dollop of frosting onto the middle
- Place the top cookie onto the top of the frosting and slightly push it down
- Enjoy a big glass of milk!
- 1 disposable bag with a star tip
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
1 thought on “Reese’s Sandwich Cookies”
My husband & I love these! He especially loves the frosting. He put them in the refrigerator & they taste just as good cold. Kinda like an ice cream sandwich! Thanks for a great recipe.