Pumpkin Pie Dip is a creamy dessert dip recipe full of delicious vanilla and pumpkin flavors. Serve this up with some fruit and cookies for a yummy Thanksgiving dessert.
Have you made a dessert dip before? We love them! They’re easy to make and super unique. Most people that try them haven’t had one yet, and they always end up asking me for the recipe. This fall is the perfect time to try a dessert dip if you haven’t already.
Pumpkin Pie Dip
If you love pumpkin pie on it’s own, this is something you are going to end up making every fall and especially at Thanksgiving. In fact, once you make this you might just skip pumpkin pie altogether! This is that good.
Here Are The Ingredients You’ll Need
- Cream Cheese – make sure to fully soften the cream cheese.
- Heavy Cream – or heavy whipping cream.
- Granulated Sugar – regular sugar.
- Confectioners Sugar – powdered sugar.
- Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix – just the powder.
- Pumpkin Pie Filling – make sure it is not pumpkin puree. There are spices in it that add to the flavor of this dip.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – for even more pumpkin flavor.
- Salt – just a pinch.
Pumpkin Dip Recipe
- Beat the cream cheese until it’s smooth. It will be super difficult if it’s not totally softened to room temperature.
- In a different bowl, mix the heavy cream with the pudding and sugars. Beat until you start to get soft peaks.
- Beat the pumpkin pie filling, spice and cream cheese into the heavy cream mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours and then enjoy!
Serve up your pumpkin pie dip with graham crackers, shortbread crackers, apple slices or whatever sounds good to you.
Can I freeze Pumpkin Pie Dip?
Yes, you can freeze this pumpkin pie dip for up to 3 months. It will need to be thawed in the refrigerator for a full day before it’s ready to eat.
Can I use Cool Whip instead of heavy whipping cream?
Real heavy cream is preferred in this recipe. Cool Whip has vegetable oil in it which would alter the texture and taste of this pumpkin pie dip.
More Delicious Recipes To Try Next
Pumpkin Pie Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups heavy cream 35%
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp dry vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 can pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place a large mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove large mixing bowl from freezer and pour in heavy cream, granulated sugar, confectioners’ sugar and dry pudding mix. Beat until soft peaks form (3 – 4 minutes).
- Beat in softened cream cheese, pumpkin pie filling, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Beat until well mixed and smooth.*
- Cover bowl in plastic food wrap and let dip chill in fridge for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- Serve with graham crackers and apple slices for dipping.
- Store in sealed container in fridge for up to 3 days.