Christmas Jello is a holiday classic dessert for the whole family. It’s bright and festive with little effort to make which makes it a favorite of mine!
I love simple holiday treats and drinks that my family enjoys. We are huge fans of making Christmas Punch and Homemade Peppermint Patties together. Want a fun adults-only holiday jello? We have some great Christmas Cookie Jello Shots, too.
My favorite memories around Christmas are making things with my kids. Gingerbread houses, cookies, treats for class… It’s fun to find things that they are able to help with. Part of why I love it so much is that we’re creating traditions that they may take into their own families one day. This jello has become something we make every year!
Ingredients you will need:
- Cherry Jello
- Lime Jello
- Knox gelatin
- Sweetened condensed milk
Chances are, you’ve probably got most of these ingredients already!
How To Make Layered Jello
To make this we’re going to create three flavors of Jello, but layer them twice each. We have a cherry layer, a lime layer and a vanilla layer. That layer is simply unflavored gelatin and sweetened condensed milk.
Stir your Jello packets with boiling water like the box instructions in seperate bowls. Then, layer half of each of the colored Jello with white. You’ll have three total layers of the vanilla.
The best way to get this to set up correctly and quickly is by doing two things.
- Once you’ve mixed up the Jello with hot water let it cool slightly. Don’t pour it while it’s still steamy hot.
- After each poured layer place the dish in the freezer. Five minutes for the color layers and ten for the white.
When it’s all set, slice it into small square and add some whipped cream and sprinkles. Yum!
- 2 3 oz boxes cherry jello
- 2 3 oz boxes lime jello
- 6 packages Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cups boiling water
- ¼ cup cold water
- Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and gently blot away excess oil.
- Line up 5 small bowls.
- In the first small bowl, combine 1 box cherry jello, one package unflavored gelatin and one cup boiling water. Stir until dissolved and set aside to cool.
- In the second small bowl, combine 1 box cherry jello, one package unflavored gelatin and one cup boiling water. Stir until dissolved and set aside to cool.
- In the third small bowl, combine 1 box lime jello, one package unflavored gelatin and one cup boiling water. Stir until dissolved and set aside to cool.
- In the fourth small bowl, combine 1 box lime jello, one package unflavored gelatin and one cup boiling water. Stir until dissolved and set aside to cool.
- In the fifth small bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and one cup boiling water.
- Mix 2 packages of unflavored gelatin into ¼ cup cold water, then pour into the sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- Wait until the jello mixes have cooled off slightly before proceeding.
- Pour one bowl of the lime jello into the baking dish. Place in the freezer for about 5 minutes, or until the gel is set.
- Slowly pour a thin layer of the sweetened condensed milk mixture over the lime jello, and return to the freezer. (The sweetened condensed milk layers will take slightly longer than the plain jello.) Keep in the freezer until it is set.
- Pour one bowl of red jello over the sweetened condensed milk layer and return to freezer. Continue this pattern, using white between each color until you end with a final layer of red.
- When all the layers are set, you can gently separate the jello from the baking dish, and flip upside down to remove.
- Cut into small squares and top with whipped cream and sprinkles if desired.
LIKE THIS CHRISTMAS JELLO RECIPE? PIN IT!