Churros are such a yummy dessert snack. If you’ve ever been to Disney and experienced their famous Churros, you are going to love learning how to make them right at home!
So, What is a Churro Anyway?
The short answer, it is fried dough dipped in cinnamon sugar. They’re served warm, straight from the frier and taste so delicious.
They originated in Spain but have been made wildly popular by Disney Parks. You’ve probably also seen them a lot of fairs and carnival events!
Disney released their special, secret recipe so here we are making them at home.
Here Are The Ingredients You Need
- Unsalted butter
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
How To Make Churros
- Make the dough. Boil water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon in a saucepan. Reduce the heat and add flour, stirring until a ball of dough forms. Let it cool, then add eggs.
- Fry the dough. Add the dough into a piping bag. Heat oil to 350 degrees and pipe a strip of dough into the oil. Cook until it turns golden brown.
- Roll in cinnamon sugar. Combine sugar and the remaining cinnamon in a bowl and roll your fresh churro in the mixture.
Churros are often served with chocolate sauce. You can serve yours plain or with any fun sauce like caramel or strawberry! Try them all.
How To Store Them
Typically, you want to plan to make these when you are ready to eat them. They taste best when they’re hot and crispy.
If you do have to store them, keep them at room temperature and I wouldn’t keep them longer than a day.
More Yummy Desserts To Try
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon in medium size saucepan over medium heat. Bring to rolling boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low. Add flour and stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball of dough. Remove from heat and let cool for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs to the dough, one at a time, and stir until fully combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon the dough into a piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churros until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh strainer and place churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.