With a cinnamon sugar swirl and cream cheese glaze, these Cinnamon Roll Pancakes taste just like a classic cinnamon roll. The perfect breakfast for any special occasion!
The Best Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
These Cinnamon Roll Pancakes make a sweet, decadent breakfast that tastes a lot like dessert. Inspired by classic cinnamon rolls, these pancakes feature cinnamon swirl pancakes topped with a cream cheese glaze. My mouth waters just thinking about them!
I like to use my homemade pancake mix for the base here but feel free to use whatever pancake mix you prefer. Either way, you’ll end up with delicious cinnamon roll pancakes in just a few minutes!
Why You’ll Love These Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes
Here are a few reasons to love these pancakes.
- Taste just like a cinnamon roll. With the cinnamon swirl in the pancakes and the cream cheese glaze, these have all the best elements of a classic cinnamon roll.
- A sweet treat to start the day. Rich and decadent, these cinnamon roll pancakes make a special breakfast treat. Perfect for birthdays and even Christmas morning!
- Easy to make. These pancakes begin with a pancake mix and there are only 8 ingredients total, which means these aren’t much harder than basic pancakes – just a bit fancier!
What You’ll Need
There’s a total of 8 ingredients needed for these cinnamon roll pancakes, including the cinnamon swirl and cream cheese glaze. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Pancake mix – You can use homemade pancake mix or a store-bought mix, like Hungry Jack.
- Brown sugar – Sweetens the cinnamon filling.
- Butter – Makes the cinnamon filling spreadable and helps it stick to the batter.
- Ground cinnamon – For the cinnamon flavor.
- Powdered sugar – Sweetens the cream cheese glaze.
- Cream cheese – For the glaze.
- Butter – Thins the cream cheese glaze.
- Vanilla extract
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Making these cinnamon roll pancakes takes just a few extra steps – and they’re well worth it!
- Make the pancake batter. Prepare the pancake batter according to the directions on the package. Set aside.
- Make the cream cheese glaze. Heat the butter and cream cheese for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each interval. Whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- Make the cinnamon swirl. In another bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Mix in the cinnamon and brown sugar, then transfer to a piping bag.
- Cook the pancakes. Preheat the pancake skillet over low heat, adding some butter to coat the pan. Add 1/2 cup pancake batter to the skillet then pipe a cinnamon swirl in the center. Once the batter starts bubbling, flip to the other side to finish cooking. Repeat with the remaining pancakes.
- Serve. When serving, drizzle the warm cream cheese glaze over the top of the pancakes.
Tips for Success
Here are a few helpful tips for making these decadent cinnamon roll pancakes.
- Be patient when cooking pancakes. You want to make sure your skillet is on low and cook the pancakes slowly. You do not want the cinnamon swirl to burn when you flip the pancakes.
- Don’t thin the filling. Cinnamon filling will be thick and you will want it thick while making the swirl. Additionally, be careful to not get the cinnamon filling to the edges of the pancakes.
- What if I don’t have a piping bag? If you do not have a piping bag, you can place the filling in a zip lock bag and snip the corner of the bag to make your swirls.
- Serve the glaze warm. The cream cheese glaze will harden as it cools, so you definitely want to make sure it’s warm when you drizzle it over the pancakes.
As noted above, you’ll want to serve these pancakes fresh off the griddle with the warm cream cheese glaze. If you’re serving up stacks of pancakes, it’s up to you if you want to add the glaze between each pancake or simply over the top.
This is definitely a sweet, decadent breakfast, so I often like to add some protein to balance it out, like bacon, breakfast sausage, or even a fried egg.
- Fridge. Store any leftover cinnamon swirl pancakes in the fridge for 2-3 days, wrapped tightly in plastic. Store the glaze separately.
- Reheat. You can reheat the pancakes and glaze in the microwave.
- Freezer. You can freeze these cinnamon swirl pancakes as well. Allow to cool completely, wrap tightly in plastic and foil, and freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave.
More Pancake Recipes
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Pancake Mix and ingredients to make pancakes. I use Hungry Jack pancake mix for this recipe.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl mix, mix pancake batter according to directions on the package. For this recipe, I made the largest amount of pancakes listed on the package. Sit aside.
- In a medium bowl, heat 4 tablespoon butter and 3 oz of cream cheese together. Heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between each time. Whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- In another medium clean bowl, melt ⅓ cup butter in the microwave. Once the butter is melted, mix in brown sugar and cinnamon. Place cinnamon filling in a piping bag and sit aside.
- Heat a pancake skillet to low heat. Add a small amount of butter to the skillet if your skillet is not a nonstick. Once the pancake skillet is heated, add ½ cup of pancake batter to the skillet. Using your piping bag, make a cinnamon swirl in the middle of the pancake batter. Make sure not to get cinnamon filling to the edges of the pancakes. Once the pancake batter starts bubbling, carefully flip the pancake and cook until done.
- Right before you serve pancakes, drizzle warm cream cheese glaze over the top of pancakes.