Eggnog Pancakes are made with the yummy fall flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg and yes, eggnog. This quick pancake recipe will fill your house with delicious aromas and tastes so delicious.
Do you have a traditional Christmas morning breakfast? Our family always makes cinnamon rolls, but I’m highly considering kicking those to the side and making these pancakes the star of Christmas morning. We’ve made them a few times this November and they’re so tasty.
If you do decide to make these on a busy day like Christmas, you can save time in the morning by preparing the dry ingredients the day before. Just keep in them in a Ziploc baggy or a tupperware container.
How to Make Eggnog Pancakes
Get your griddle warm and your syrup hot! Here’s how to make this delicious breakfast.
- Baking Powder
Just like an ordinary homemade pancake recipe, you start with stirring together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
Melt your butter, and pour that, the eggnog and the egg into the flour mixture.
Using a mixer, mix until smooth.
Scoop 1/4 a scoop of batter onto a heated griddle or pan like usual. Flip when the pancakes start to bubble.
Of course, you can simply top these with butter and syrup, which is a delicious choice. It’s probably my favorite! But you can also have fun with some other pancake toppings like:
- Whipped cream
- Sprinkled cinnamon or nutmeg
- Holiday sprinkles
- Pomegranate seeds
- Powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups eggnog
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the eggnog, egg and melted butter.
- Use an electric mixer, mix until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan and add a little butter until melted.
- Scoop out about ¼ cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbly and then flip pancake over.
- Cook 1 more minute our until you don’t see any steam rising from the cake and remove.