These Crabby Stuffed Peppers are such a fun summer dinner for the kids and just might get your little picky eaters to try something new! My boys ate them…including the peppers and actually enjoyed it!
Crabby Stuffed Peppers
I really wanted stuffed peppers for dinner the other night and knew that my boys would not be happy about it. Solution…make them into crabs and this worked perfectly with getting them to eat them! These are very easy to put together as well!:)
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Ground Turkey – a pound
- Brown Rice – we used the microwave pouch to save time.
- Bell Peppers – red
- Tomato Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce – gives a great flavor to the turkey
- Garlic and Onion powder – for flavor
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
- Italian seasoning
- Cheese – shredded mozzarella
- Decorating – black olives, Babybel cheese and toothpicks
How To Make Crabby Stuffed Peppers
- Brown and drain the turkey.
- Wash and cut the tops of the peppers. Remove the seeds from the peppers.
- Cut the feet and claws from an additional pepper.
- Mix the turkey, rice, sauces and seasonings.
- Scoop the mixture in the peppers and add cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the peppers are nice and tender.
- When they’re finished, finishing decorating and serve.
Other Fun Crab Creations
Crabby Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brown the ground turkey (or beef) in the pan and drain.
- Cut off the tops of the peppers. Remove the seeds and membranes of the bell peppers and save the tops. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright). Take 1 extra red bell pepper and cut it into pieces lengthwise. Cut out 1 claw using a knife then use that piece as a guide to cut the rest. Use the scraps to cut out the little feet as well. Set the claws and feet aside.
- In a bowl, mix the browned turkey, cooked brown rice, 1 1/2 cans tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning and pour over the stuffed peppers. Top them with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place the tops on and bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven until the peppers are tender.
- Remove from oven and attach the claws on the sides using toothpicks. Cut a Babybel in half and attach those on the top using a toothpick. Cut the ends from olives and pressed them on for the pupils.