This delicious zucchini fritters recipe is unbelievably easy to make, low carb, and they are the perfect way to sneak in some extra veggies! Perfect as a side dish, light lunch or simple snack, these crispy fritters are a great way to use up leftover zucchini.
Pair these zucchini fritter with Keto Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip with Blue Cheese.
Crispy Zucchini Fritters Recipe
During summer, zucchini becomes readily available. Besides making zoodles and other shaped noodles, zucchini fritters make a scrumptious side dish. Pan fried and golden brown, the zucchini fritters make a great side dish. These fritters are packed with nutrients, low carb and absolutely delicious with the perfect amount of salty flavor with a crispy crunch.
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Almond flour (you can also use all-purpose flour)
- Ricotta cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh chives
- Freshly parsley
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Zucchini Fritters
Add a thin layer of cooking oil to the frying pan.
Shred the zucchini and then mix it with egg, almond flour, ricotta cheese, chives, and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste. Combine the fritters well.
Drop a large zucchini mixture into the hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until it is golden brown and crispy.
Remove the fritter from the oil and let it drain and cool on a paper towel.
Serve with our delicious Yogurt-Dill dipping sauce (listed in recipe box) or sour cream.
Are Zucchini Fritters Keto
When you use a keto friendly oil and a keto friendly dipping sauce, these zucchini fritters are keto friendly. Because it uses almond flour instead of using traditional flour, the net carbs are kept low.
How do You Get Excess Water Out of Zucchini?
Once the zucchini has been grated use clean hands to squeeze the extra water from the zucchini. Another way to get rid of the extra water in the zucchini is to place it in a sieve and press it with a spoon. This will cause the extra water to be forced out. Then place the zucchini on paper towels in order to dry up the rest of the water.
Why are My Fritters Soggy?
Fritters that are soggy are not tasty. If you find that your zucchini fritters are soggy, it could be for one of 2 reasons. One reason that the fritters are soggy can because the oil was not hot enough when you started to cook the fritters. This will cause the fritters to sit in the oil for longer than it needs to be and this allows it to soak up more oil. The other reason the fritters may be soggy is that you did not get the excess water out of the zucchini before making the fritter.
Crispy Zucchini Fritters Recipe
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1/3 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1 Tbsp Freshly chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp Freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Keto friendly oil for pan frying
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 coves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill or 1/2 tsp dried dill
- Heat a thin layer of keto friendly cooking oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Shred the zucchini well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded zucchini, egg, almond flour, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, chives, parsley as well as salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine well.
- Drop large tablespoons of the zucchini mixture into the heated oil in the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Remove the fritters from the oil, and place on a towel lined plate to drain and cool.
- Serve with your favorite keto-friendly dipping sauce such as ranch or sour cream.
Dill Sauce Ingredients
- Make the dill sauce by mixing the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and dill together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.