Crispy and tender Parmesan Zucchini is a delicious roasted side dish or snack that even picky eaters will love. Plus, it’s quick to make, low carb and healthy!
Roasted Zucchini with Parmesan
These parmesan zucchini slices are some of the most tasty veggies I’ve ever had. It’s crazy because they don’t take a lot of time or effort to prepare but still taste so good! They are highly addictive with crispy parmesan cheese. I start snacking on them before they even make it to the table!
Getting your kiddos to try new things – especially vegetables can be tough. My children go through phases where they are pickier than usual. Even though they don’t like a lot of veggies, they LOVE these. (It helps that they love almost any food if you cover it in cheese). I just provide a dipping sauce and they gobble them up every time.
What You’ll Need
This recipe requires super simple and inexpensive ingredients.
- Zucchini: Slice between ¼ and ½ inch thick.
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly shredded or grated. You can also buy the pre-shredded cheese if you like.
How to Make Parmesan Zucchini
Seasoning and baking the zucchini are the only major steps of this recipe. It’s ready to eat in less than 15 minutes!
- Step 1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F (the high temperature is the secret to getting the outside nice and crisp without overcooking the zucchini). Then, prepare your sheet pan by lining it with foil or parchment paper. You can also just use non-stick cooking spray if you like.
- Step 2. Place the zucchini slices on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat evenly and then lay them out flat.
- Step 3. Season generously with salt and pepper. Next, sprinkle the parmesan on each slice. Don’t be shy with the cheese!
- Step 4. Bake for about 10 minutes. I recommend using the center rack. Then, set the broiler on high and broil for 2-3 minutes. The cheese should be brown and bubbly.
- Step 5. Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite meal or with a dip!
What Goes With Parmesan Zucchini
You can make any type of meal and add baked parmesan zucchini to it!
- Melt in Your Mouth Chicken pairs really well! It’s also easy to make and includes more parmesan so it ties the flavors together.
- You can never go wrong with a juicy Pan Seared Steak.
- If you want to keep it extra simple and make finger food for dinner, I can guarantee your kids will also enjoy this recipe for Popcorn Chicken.
- Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf goes great with classic mashed potatoes and I like adding parmesan zucchini as a veggie or skipping the potatoes depending on my mood!
Here are my favorite dips for parmesan zucchini:
Tips and Tricks
- Do not skip broiling the zucchini slices. This ensures that the cheese gets nice and golden.
- The way you like to eat your zucchini with determines the thickness of the slices. For softer zucchini, slice them thinner and for firmer zucchini, slice them thicker.
- Make sure you do not overbake the parmesan zucchini or it will become very mushy.
- Use good quality olive oil – it will make a difference in the flavor.
- Add more seasonings if you like! Some suggestions are garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika.
- There isn’t a good way to store leftovers because the texture won’t be pleasing when reheated. I never have any left when I make them anyway!
Other Ways to Enjoy Zucchini
Did you know how versatile zucchini is? It can even be incorporated into baked goods and still be so yummy! Here are some more recipes I enjoy making with zucchini.
- Cranberry Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Crispy Zucchini Fritters
More Veggie Side Dish Recipes
- Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Easy Honey Glazed Carrots
- Cheesy Roasted Asparagus Casserole
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
- Fried Green Beans
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4 to 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place zucchini slices on baking sheet into a single layer and drizzle with olive oil. Toss until coated.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Top each slice with parmesan.
- Bake on center rack for about 10 minutes, until zucchini is tender. Set broiler on high and broil for 2 to 3 more minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden browned.