Easy Fried Zucchini (Crispy)
Fried zucchini is a favorite side dish for many people. It’s easy to make and tastes delicious! This recipe is so easy, you’ll be making it all the time. You’ll never want to go back to regular old baked zucchini again!
Easy Fried Zucchini
This Fried zucchini is a great side dish or appetizer. With a soft and tasty inside, and a crunchy outside, this recipe is delicious. The Zucchini is topped with parmesan cheese which just adds more to the flavor. These Zucchini will just melt in your mouth and be ready to devour in no time. If zucchini is one of your favorite veggies, then you will love this Zucchini Bread Recipe or these Baked Zucchini Spears.
- Zucchini– You will need a very large zucchini for this recipe.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Milk– Use whole or 2% milk for this recipe.
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Corn Flakes- These will need to be crumbed for the outer layer.
- Cheese– You will need shredded parmesan cheese for this recipe.
- Salt– This will be for taste and to bring out the flavors.
- Oil– Be sure to check with the fryer manufactures instructions for the amount needed.
- Deep Fryer– any deep fryer will work.
How to Make Fried Zucchini
To start, you will need to clean the zucchini, and then use paper towels to dry them.
First, place the cleaned zucchini onto a cutting board and cut it into thick pieces with a sharp knife, about 1/3 inch thick.
Secondly, in a medium-size bowl, add your eggs in milk and whisk to combine, until it is light yellow in color.
Thirdly, in two separate bowls, Add the flour in one in the cornflake crumbs in the other.
In addition, place the flour, egg mixture, and cornflake crumbs in a line right by your fryer with a larger plate or platter lined with paper towels to remove excess grease.
Furthermore, add fresh cooking oil into your air fryer and fill to the designated line and begin heating the oil; oil needs to be fairly hot, so it can fry the zucchini quickly.
To start, place several pieces of zucchini into the flour and coat, then place them into the egg mixture, and roll them in the cornflakes.
First, you will place the zucchini into the fryer for about two to four minutes to cook evenly or until they turn a golden brown.
Secondly, once they appear light brown, Take them out and place them onto the prepared paper towel-lined plate.
Thirdly, you will repeat all of these steps until all of your zucchini is fried, and making sure to cook in small batches.
Next, top your fried zucchini with a bit of salt once they’re taken out of the fryer.
Finally, take the zucchini off the plate and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top.
Serve and Enjoy!
How do you keep fried zucchini from getting soggy?
You will need to pat your zucchini dry completely before frying. Zucchini holds a lot of water which will cause them to become soggy. To avoid this, you will need to remove as much water as possible.
How do you reheat breaded zucchini?
I recommend reheating them in the oven or in a skillet. This will make them crispy again. If you heat them in the microwave, they will be soggy.
More Zucchini Recipes:
- Zucchini Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries
- Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Crispy Zucchini Fritters Recipe (Low-Carb)
Easy Fried Zucchini
- 3 or 4 Large Zucchini's - about 8 to 10 inches long
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 2 cups of Flour
- 3 Cups of Corn Flake Crumbs
- Finely shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Salt - to taste
- FRY DADDY - GRANDDADDY DEEP FRYER - RECOMMENDED - OR OTHER DEEP FRYER
- Oil - Check your Fryer's manufacturers recommendations on Oil amounts for your Fryer
- Wash, or rinse the Zucchini, and dry with paper towels. Place the Zucchini on a cutting board, and with a sharp knife, cut the Zucchini into thick pieces, about 1/3 inch thick. Crack open the eggs into a medium-size bowl, add milk, and stir together until well mixed, and light yellow in color. Place the Flour in a Medium-sized bowl, and place the Corn Flake Crumbs in a Medium-sized bowl. Place the bowls in a line, starting with the Flour, then the Egg/Milk mixture, then the Corn Flake Crumbs. Set this up close to your Fryer. Line a large plate or platter with paper towels to drain the fried Zucchini after frying.
- Make sure your Fryer is filled with fresh cooking Oil, up to the designated fill line. Heat oil while preparing Zucchini; Oil must be hot to fry the pieces quickly. Read manufacturer's instructions on times, and temperatures for frying.
- Starting with the Flour, coat several pieces of Zucchini (5 or 6 at a time) in the flour, and then dip them in the Egg/Milk mixture, and roll them in the Corn Flake Crumbs. Drop them into the Fryer, and cook them for approximately 2 - 4 minutes, or until the Zucchini turns a light golden brown. When they turn a light golden brown, remove them immediately to the paper towels to drain; Fried foods, Zucchini included, will continue to cook even after removed from the Fryer, so if you leave them until their dark golden brown, they'll overcook. Continue these steps until you've cooked all the Zucchini, working in small batches. Sprinkle Salt on the Zucchini when you remove it from the Fryer. Remove the Zucchini from the paper towels to a serving plate, sprinkle generously with the finely shredded Parmesan Cheese, serve, and Enjoy!