Crockpot Coca Cola Cake
Crockpot Coca-Cola Cake is super moist and decadent topped with a smooth and creamy chocolate icing that oozes into the cake.
Coca Cola Cake
If I had a cake that I would recommend to anyone, it would be this one! This Cake is so delicious and so simple to make. All you need to do is add the ingredients into your crockpot and mix. The crockpot will work its magic and cook it until you have a warm, gooey, and chocolatey cake. Serve with our delicious homemade vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce.
Don’t have a crock-pot? Try our Cracker Barrel Copycat Cocoa Cola Cake recipe.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Coca-Cola: I use regular coca-cola, but if you want to add more flavor you can use cherry cola, vanilla, or whatever fun flavors they got.
Cocoa: Use this to get the main chocolatey flavor for the recipe as well as the frosting. I like to use Hershey’s Brand.
Sugar: This recipe use regular white sugar to add sweetness and use powdered sugar for the frosting.
How To Make Coca Cola Cake
Step 1. Set the crockpot to high and put in a stick of butter to melt before adding in the eggs and sugar. Combine the ingredients until creamy, Put in the oil, and milk, and combine again. Next, put in the flour, salt, cocoa, and baking soda and mix. Put in the vanilla, and coca-cola, and combine one last time.
Step 2. Seal with the lid and allow the ingredients to cook for 30 minutes on high, then switch to medium and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Switch off the heat, frost and allow the cake to cool for at least an hour or 2.
Step 1. Add the butter, cocoa, milk, and vanilla into the mixing bowl of a standing mixer and combine on low. A little at a time, add in the powdered sugar and combine until thick and fully blended. Add more milk if the frosting is too thick and more sugar if it’s too thin.
Step 2. While the cake is still in the crockpot, frost it, and slice it into 3×3-inch pieces. Serve, and enjoy!
What Does Coca-Cola Cake Taste Like?
The coca-cola will add a nice yet subtle flavor to the cake. It doesn’t really taste like Coca Cola, despite all the soda added in, but the soda does help give it that lovely rise and moist texture.
Can You Make This Coca-Cola Cake With Diet Coke?
It is possible, but for this recipe, I recommend using regular coca-cola because it has the best sugar quality for this dessert and adds the most and best flavor.
More Soda Desserts:
- Strawberry Soda Cake
- Coca Cola Cake (Cracker Barrel)
- 7UP Pound Cake (5-ingredients)
- Root Beer Float Waffles
Crockpot Coca Cola Cake
- 1 cup original Coca Cola not Diet
- 1/2 cup Cooking Oil
- 1 stick Butter
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 cups plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Stick Butter Softened
- 2 1/3 Tbsp Cocoa
- 6 Tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 3/4 cups Powdered Sugar
- Turn the Crock-Pot on High, and place the Stick of Butter in the bottom of the Crock-Pot, until it starts to melt.
- Add the Eggs and Sugar, and mix together, until the mixture is creamy. Add the Oil, and Milk, and stir well.
- Add the flour, salt, Cocoa, and Baking Soda, and blend. Add the Vanilla, and the Coca-Cola, and mix until blended.
- Place the lid on the Crockpot, and leave the Heat on HIGH for 30 minutes, then turn the heat setting to MEDIUM, and cook for another 30 minutes. Turn the heat off and remove lid, frost the cake and let the cake cool for an hour to two hours.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the Butter, Cocoa, Milk, and Vanilla, and blend on low until mixed.
- Add the Powdered Sugar a little at a time until the Frosting starts to thicken, or all the sugar is added.
- If the Frosting is too thick, add a few more drops of milk, if it’s a little thin, add a little more sugar, until you have a nice thick, but spread-able Frosting.
- Frosting the Cake right in the Crock-Pot, using all the Frosting, and cut into 3 X 3-inch pieces to serve. Enjoy!