This is the Best 7Up Pound Cake recipe! You’ll love how easy this moist pound cake is to make using 5-ingredients including a cake mix.
Easy 7UP Pound Cake
This 7up cake recipe is so good and has been around forever! I don’t know who’s idea it was to use 7UP soda in a pound cake, but it definitely works. This bundt cake is moist on the inside, and has a crispy golden outside. The cake is perfect for summer or any occasion. If you love this retro cake, then try our other soda cakes like this Strawberry Soda Cake or this Coca-Cola Cake (Cracker Barrel).
Ingredients You Will Need
- Cake Mix- You will need yellow cake mix for this recipe.
- Pudding Mix- You will need instant vanilla pudding.
- Eggs- Use these at room temperature.
- Vegetable Oil– Use canola as a substitute.
- 7 Up- The key ingredient in this incredibly moist pound cake recipe! You will need 7UP for the cake and the icing.
- Powdered Sugar- This sugar is great for homemade icing.
How to Make 7 UP Pound Cake
Starting with the base cake mix, you combine pudding mix, oil, eggs, and 7up to make the cake.
- To start, set the oven to 325 degrees. Then, use pan baking spray to grease a 12 cup bundt pan.
- First, add the cake mix, pudding, and eggs into a large bowl or standing mixer with a fitted whisk attachment and combine.
- Secondly, add in the oil and mix to combine. Then, slowly add in the soda, and combine at low speed.
- Next, add the batter into the cake pan and place into the oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean of the batter.
- Finally, take the pan out of the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool thoroughly. This should take approximately 40 minutes before making, and adding the icing on top.
- To finish, add the sugar and soda into a bowl and whisk to combine. Then, add the icing on top of the fully cooled cake and add some sprinkles.
What does 7UP soda do for cake?
The 7UP soda in this recipe is very beneficial. Soda acts as a substitute for baking soda and baking powder. The carbonation in the soda is what helps the cake rise in the oven. It also helps create a very moist cake.
Can I use another soda in 7up cake?
Yes, you can use different types of soda for this recipe. You can use Coca-Cola to make a recipe like this Layered Cherry Coke Cake. When using different types of soda, the flavoring will be different.
Tips For Making This Bundt Cake:
- Lemon cake mix can be substituted for the yellow cake mix for that pop of lemon.
- This can be made in a 9X13 baking dish if you don’t have a bundt pan.
More Cake Recipes:
7UP Pound Cake
- 1 15oz. box yellow cake mix
- 1 3.4oz. box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 7.5 ounces 7UP
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup 7-up soda
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and cream a 12-cup bundt pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, mix together the cake mix, pudding, and eggs.
- Mix in the vegetable oil until combined then gently mix in the soda at low speed until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes clean from the thickest part of the cake.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before flipping onto a cooling rack or plate to cool completely, about another 40 minutes before icing.
- To make the icing, simply whisk together the powdered sugar and 7-Up until the desired consistency is reached. Then drizzle over the top of the cooled cake and top with sprinkles (optional).