Your favorite pup is in for a treat! These peanut butter flavored dog cupcakes are a terrific treat for our four-legged friends. They’re especially perfect for a puppy celebrating a birthday.
Peanut Butter Pupcakes
Delicious peanut butter flavored homemade cupcakes made with all dog-safe ingredients. On top, there is a creamy frosting and a little Milk Bone. We also have a recipe for Homemade Dog Treats they’ll like.Aren’t they so cute? You can share them with all your puppy friends.
Are These Dog Cupcakes Healthy for Dogs?
Yes, these pupcakes are perfectly safe for your dog. Whenever you are making homemade dog treats, you need to be careful not to include any toxic ingredients (ie: chocolate) or things your dog may be allergic to. This post from PetMD gives a good outline if you want to be sure you are keeping your pup safe while baking.
Ingredients You Need
- Peanut Butter: a natural option like JIF or Skippy.
- Banana: any ripeness will due here; it doesn’t need to be brown like banana bread.
- Oil: vegetable.
- Honey: all natural.
- Flour: you can use a whole wheat flour for a healthier version.
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder: to bake the cupcakes.
- Cream Cheese: this goes with the peanut butter for the icing.
- Milk: just a little to thin the frosting.
- Small Milk Bones: optional
What Kind of Peanut Butter Can Dogs Eat?
When you are choosing a peanut butter for your dog you want to check and see if it has Xylitol. This is the ingredient you do not want in your dogs food. The American Kennel Association says PB is perfectly fine for dogs so long as it does not contain Xylitol.
How To Make Dog Cupcakes
To make the pupcakes, grab your ingredients, a muffin tin and set your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the banana, peanut butter, oil and honey.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin and bake for 10-20 minutes.
- Make the frosting while the cupcakes cool.
- For frosting, stir all the ingredients together and frost on the cupcakes.
That’s it! You can add a bone on top if you want or leave it off.
You can decorate the cupcakes for birthdays. To pipe frosting, make sure to place in the fridge or freezer to get the right piping consistency.
Recipes You Might Like
Dog Cupcakes – Peanut Butter “Pupcakes”
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 medium banana mashed
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray or use cupcake liners.
- Mix together peanut butter, oil, banana, and honey.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and baking powder until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake 10-20 minutes, until lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Add all ingredients together and mix until smooth.
- Add more milk or less milk to your linking depending on how thick you want it.
- Once pupcakes are cooled, add the frosting and place a dog treat on top.