These Bunny Butt Cupcakes are so adorable and easy to make! This is a funfetti cake mix topped with sweet and creamy frosting.
Easter Bunny Cupcakes
This dessert is such a wonderful idea to make for Easter Day. This recipe looks like an Easter rabbit dug a hole right into a cupcake to enjoy itself. A recipe like this will surely impress anyone who sets eyes on it! It looks like it hopped right out of a professional bakery.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Funfette Cake Mix: This will be used for the cupcakes along with a few extra ingredients like eggs and oil.
Frosting: You will combine unsalted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream to make the frosting.
Decorations: To make sure this looks like a rabbit butt, I like to use green food coloring, shredded coconut, and mini pink marshmallows to decorate. I also use royal icing bunny feet transfers to make the feet.
How To Make Bunny Butt Cupcakes
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees. Follow the instructions on the cake box to make it. Add the prepared batter into a cupcake pan lined with cupcake liners. Place in the oven for 21 minutes to bake. Take it out and allow it to cool while you make the frosting.
Step 2. Add the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream into a standing mixer and combine until stiff with peaks. Separate the frosting into two bowls. Add green food coloring into one of the bowls and combine. Place the green frosting into a piping bag with a star tip and place the white frosting into another piping bag with a round tip.
Step 3. Using the white frosting, pipe a circle into the center of each cupcake to form a tail. Dip the tail into the shredded coconut. Use the green frosting to make the grass around the tail and place a mini pink marshmallow in the middle. Place a bunny foot on each side of the tail. Serve and enjoy!
Variations For Bunny Butt Cupcakes:
You can use some of the options below to alter the recipe. I absolutely adore this just how it is, but you can make some changes to make it even cuter!
- Use food coloring to color the white frosting. You can make this bunny light purple, light blue, light yellow, etc.
- Add sprinkles or mini Easter eggs in the grass frosting.
- Use another kind of cake mixes like vanilla or chocolate to look like the rabbit is digging in the dirt.
Tips & Tricks
- If you want to make these ahead of time, you can prepare the cupcakes and store them at in the fridge until you are ready to frost.
- Place the leftover cupcakes in an airtight container for the best storage method. Make sure the container is deep enough that it won’t mess up the frosting.
More Easter Recipes:
Easter Bunny Butt Cupcakes
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup butter unsalted
- 2 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3-5 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- green food coloring
- coconut shredded
- mini pink marshmallows
- royal icing bunny feet transfers
Make the cupcakes…
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the cake batter according to the box.
- scoop batter into the cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
- Bake the cupcakes at 350 degrees for 21 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- in a standing mixer, combine butter, powder sugar, vanilla, heavy whipping cream, and powder sugar.
- Mix until stiff peaks form.
- Split into two bowls, add green food coloring into one bowl.
- Scoop the green frosting fitted with the star tip and set aside.
- Scoop the regular frosting into the bag fitted with the round tip.
- Using the round tip, pipe a circle in the middle of the cupcake to make a "Tail".
- Dip the cupcake into the shredded coconut.
- Using the green frosting pipe "grass" around the tail.
- Add your mini pink marshmallow in the center.
- Place two bunny feet on the side's of the tail.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.