Taco Pasta Salad is an easy and delicious pasta salad recipe we love serving at get-togethers. This hearty salad has one secret ingredient that gives it extra flavor and crunch: Nacho Cheese Doritos.
We have a huge list of pasta salad recipes we’ve been saving. You’ll be able to find a new one for ever BBQ you attend this summer! Two other favorites of mine are Tortellini Pasta Salad and The Best Creamy Pasta Salad.
Doritos Pasta Taco Salad
This is a fun combination of pasta salad and tacos. With beef, beans, lettuce, tomatoes and green onion this salad is full of flavor.
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning – find the best homemade taco seasoning here.
- Chili Beans
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Shredded Cheese
- Green Onion
- French Dressing
- Nacho Doritos
How To Make Taco Pasta Salad
- Cook and drain the pasta noodles.
- Brown the ground beef and drain the grease.
- Half the tomatoes.
- Toss all the ingredients except the chips, in a large bowl.
- Add the Doritos when you’re ready to serve so they don’t become soggy in the dressing.
Is Taco Pasta Salad Served Cold
Yes. Just like typical pasta salad recipes, this one is also served cold.
Can I Make This Ahead of Time?
Absolutely. You can get this all ready the day prior, just hold off on adding the dressing and the Doritos until you are ready to serve it.
What kind of pasta should I use?
In this recipe and most of the others we have made, we use Rotini. But, you can use any short pasta you like for instance, penne pasta or farfalle.
What To Serve With Taco Pasta Salad
Because this has everything you need in a meal (pasta, meat and veggies) you can serve it solo. You could also serve it along side any Summer BBQ meal like burgers, hot dogs or grilled chicken.
Also, you could change up the flavor from time to time by using Cool Ranch Doritos or plain Tortilla Chips instead.
OTHER SALAD RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
Taco Pasta Salad
- 1 pound lean ground beef browned
- 1 box rotini pasta cooked and rinsed
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can Bush’s chili beans
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 head iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 cup French dressing
- 1 bag nacho cheese Doritos lightly crushed
- sour cream and extra green onions for garnish
- In a large bowl, toss together the ground beef, pasta, taco seasoning, chili beans, tomatoes, cheese, lettuce, green onions, and french dressing.
- When ready to serve, stir in the Doritos. (Wait til you are ready to serve to stir in the Doritos or they will get soggy.)
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
5 comments on “Doritos Taco Pasta Salad”
I haven’t tried this salad but sounds delicious. My husband doesn’t care for cold pasta,so I was thinking he could probably heat his up. What do you think?
Sure that may work, but you may want to leave the lettuce out.
Catalina dressing is very good in taco salad
Sounds good except for the French dressing. Not sure what I would prefer, but never liked French.
Great recipe, have you ever thought of switching the French dressing to a good southwest style salsa? The salsa I mean is the type that has corn and sometimes beans as ingredients. It will lighten the salad up a bit and the flavor is a little more authentic.