You have to try these Dr. Pepper Meatballs made in the Instant Pot. With a completely unique twist on a meatball, these delectable meatballs are perfect for appetizers and dinner. You will not believe how easy it is to make these meatballs.
If you love finding new ways to make meatballs, you have to try Baked Firecracker Chicken Meatballs.
Dr. Pepper Meatballs Recipe
If you are looking for the perfect meatball, that is something completely different from traditional meatballs and sauce, this is the meatball recipe you need. Perfect for dinner or parties, these Dr. Pepper Meatballs are a sticky sweet treat. Made in the Instant Pot, these simple meatballs are extremely addictive.
Can I Make Dr Pepper Meatballs with Ground Turkey?
These Dr. Pepper meatballs can absolutely be made with ground turkey. I recommend using a ground turkey mixture and not ground turkey breast. Ground turkey breast tends to be dry and can make these meatballs fall apart or not have the juiciness you are looking for.
What Should I Serve With Meatballs?
I love making these meatballs as an appetizer for game day. You might like these other appetizer snacks that you can serve with the meatballs.
- 7 Layer Dip Appetizer
- Snail Pesto Pinwheels
- Canned Tomato Salsa Recipe with Patriotic Appetizers!
- Best Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Jalapeno Cheese Ball Recipe
Ingredients You Will Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Dr. Pepper
- Tomato paste
- White vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Corn starch
- Worcestershire sauce
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Liquid Smoke (optional)
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Ready made meatballs
How to Make Dr Pepper Meatballs
Mix together all the ingredients, except the meatballs, and pout it into the Instant Pot.
Turn the Instant pot on saute, on high, and bring the sauce to a simmer. Make sure to whisk often.
Cook for 10 minutes.
Remove the BBQ sauce from the Instant Pot. Clean and dry the inner pot.
Pour 1 cup of water into your Instant Pot and place the steamer rack inside. Add the meatballs.
Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
Allow the pot to do a natural release then drain your meatballs and set aside.
Discard the water from the Instant Pot and pour Dr Pepper BBQ sauce in the pot.
Press “Sauté”. and your meatballs and stir thoroughly. Cook the meatballs in the sauce for 2 minutes.
Serve the meatballs hot.
Dr Pepper Meatballs
- 1 can Dr. Pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Liquid Smoke optional
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes optional
- 3 lbs ready made meatballs
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl with a whisk, pour into your Instant Pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute’ high and bring to a simmer, whisking often.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bbq sauce from the Instant pot and set to the side.
- Clean and dry the Instant pot insert.
- Pour 1 cup of water into your Instant Pot.
- Place the steamer rack inside your Instant Pot and fill it with the meatballs.
- Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Let the steam release naturally, then drain your meatballs and set aside.
- Discard water from your Instant Pot and pour Dr Pepper BBQ sauce
- Press “Sauté”. and your meatballs and stir thoroughly.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then serve hot.