Super Easy Baked Firecracker Chicken Meatballs. The perfect blend of spicy and sweet! They make a great appetizer or main dish!
Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
These Firecracker Chicken Meatballs are one of my favorite meatball recipes to make. These meatballs are baked in the oven and coated with a delicious sweet and spicy glaze.
This is a perfect make ahead appetizer or dinner. Always such a huge hit with everyone! These can also be adjusted with spices to your taste. Serve them with grape jelly meatballs for even more munching options!
Ingredients You Will Need:
- ground chicken
- panko bread crumber
- onion powder
- hot sauce
- brown sugar
- apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
How To Make Chicken Meatballs
- In a large bowl combine chicken, breadcrumbs, eggs, onion, garlic and parsley. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Form into meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, cook the sauce over medium heat until it comes to a boil and then let cool.
- Bake meatballs until browned. About 6 minutes on each side. Flip half way through.
- Dip the meatballs in the sauce until fully covered and place back on the baking sheet. Bake another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm with crushed red pepper flakes, if desired!
- The meatball mixture can be prepared the night before and baked the day of if you are planning ahead of time.
- Ground turkey can also be used instead of chicken.
- If you would like to serve the meatballs with extra sauce, you can double the sauce recipe.
How to serve these Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
Theses make an awesome appetizer or can be served as a main course. If you serve these as an appetizer, add a toothpick. This makes them easier to eat! I also like to serve these meatballs for dinner over rice.
Other Easy Appetizer Recipes You Will Love:
Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic, onion powder and paprika. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper. Form into 22 meatballs (about 3 Tablespoons each).
- In a saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients over medium high heat, allow to come to a boil, reduce the heat so it simmers. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Place the meatballs on prepared baking sheet. bake for about 12 minutes or until the meatballs are completely cooked through.
- Dip each individual cooked meatball into the sauce. Place back on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 1-2 minutes. Drizzle or brush with additional sauce and sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.