Easy Hello Dolly Bars Recipe
If you like serving bars and cookie bars, then you’ll love my recipes for chocolate chip cookie brownie bars, easy german chocolate cake cheesecake bars, and peanut butter oatmeal bars.
Can I Use Walnuts in These Coconut Bar Cookies Instead?
Whenever I have a recipe that calls for pecans, I know that I can also use walnuts. Walnuts and pecans are often interchangeable in recipes. So, if you have more walnuts on hand then pecans, or you simply prefer their flavor, you can easily change them up in this recipe.
When substituting nuts and serving them to friends or family, always make sure you make note of the ingredients just in case someone has a specific allergy.
What is the Best Chocolate for These Bars?
This recipe calls for chocolate chips. When I am making anything where the melted chocolate chips will be a focused flavor, I like to go for the quality options first and foremost. In this recipe, the combination of all the sweetness means I can use semi-sweet chips without them being overwhelming. For other recipes, I would grab milk chocolate more often than not as they are a milder flavor.
Nestle Toll House chips are a favorite, but if you can locate Ghiradelli chips, definitely choose those for a smoother chocolate flavor without the bitterness some chips may have.
Ingredients for Hello Dolly Bars
- Graham crackers
- Coconut flakes
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Chocolate chips
How to Make Hello Dolly Bars
Preheat the oven to 350ºF, then spray the baking pan with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, add the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs to make the crust. Mix together until the crumbs are moistened. Spread them into the bottom of the baking pan.
Add chocolate chips on top of the crust, and then sprinkle the chopped pecans on top of those.
The next layer will be your coconut flakes, then pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top of everything.
Bake the hello dolly bars as directed, and then allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Can you Freeze Hello Dolly Bars?
Yes, they do freeze well. Be sure to wrap them up in plastic wrap and a Ziplock bag to prevent freezer burn. Place in the fridge or set on the counter to thaw before use.
Hello Dolly Bars
- 2 cups Graham crackers crushed
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 1.5 cups Sweetened coconut flakes shredded
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk
- 1.25 cups Chocolate chips
- 1 cup Pecans chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Prepare the baking dish with nonstick spray or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix until all crumbs are coated.
- Press the Graham cracker crumbs mixture into the bottom of the baking pan spreading to all areas and pressing down firmly.
- Spread chocolate chips over the crust in an even layer.
- Top the chocolate chip layer with the chopped pecans.
- Spread the shredded coconut flakes over the top of the pecans in an even layer.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the layers, making sure it covers all areas evenly.
- Place the baking dish into the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the coconut on top begins to go from white to a light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to completely cool before cutting into bars for serving.
- 9"x13" Baking Dish
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.