7 Layer Bars Recipe (Magic Bars)
Do you have friends and family that love to enjoy treats whether it be cookies to a Rice Krispie bar? Well, this amazing 7 Layer Bars recipe may just become a new favorite in your household. These magic bars are filled with tons of delicious ingredients.
7 Layer Bars Recipe
This 7 Layer Bars recipe is so good! The texture and blend of ingredients make for an amazing treat to enjoy whenever you want. This bar is layer upon layer of chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch, and coconut with a graham cracker crust. While this recipe is similar to other cookie bars like Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars, Oreo Funfetti Cookie Bars, and Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookie Bars, these cookie bars are packed with multiple layers of flavors.
Ingredients You Will Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Graham Crackers- These will need to be crushed to make your base crust.
- Butter- You need unsalted butter to control the amount of butter in the recipe.
- Chocolate Chips- You will need regular chocolate chips, white baking chips, and butterscotch for this recipe.
- Sweetened Coconut- This will be added on top of the bars.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- This will be poured over the recipe to keep everything together and help with consistency.
- Nuts- You have an option of adding, chopped pecans, almonds, or peanuts to your recipe.
How To Make 7 Layer Bars
Set your oven to 350 degrees.
Use parchment paper to line a 9×13 baking pan with about 2 inches of an extension, so you can easily remove the bars. Place the pan aside and begin to make the crust.
Add the butter into a heat-safe bowl and melt for about 30-45 seconds. Pour into a medium bowl and add in the crushed graham crackers. Combined until a wet sand-like texture forms.
Press the crust into the prepared parchment paper-lined pan using a spatula.
Add all the chocolate chips on top of the crust, and do the same with the other chocolate chips.
Add some coconut on top of the chocolate and if you decide top with some assorted nuts or nuts of your choice.
When all your layers are completed, pour in the sweetened condensed milk and use a rubber spatula to evenly spread out while your pouring.
Place on the center rack of your preheated oven and align the pan in the middle of the rack. You will need to bake the bars for 25-28 minutes or until light brown.
Take out and let the bars sit and cool before cutting.
Serve and enjoy with a glass of milk.
Do 7 layer bars need to be refrigerated?
These 7 layer bars have condensed milk in the recipe. Although they can be stored outside of the fridge, it is always better for the shelf life to store them in the fridge. You will want to place your bars in a sealed airtight container.
What are the typical layers in 7 layer magic bars?
The beauty of the 7 layer bars is the variety when it comes to texture and flavor. The typical layers consist of some type of nuts such as walnuts, chocolate chips, and coconut. You will then have a crunchy texture with a sweet and chocolatey flavor.
Can you freeze 7 layer bars?
You can very much so freeze these 7 layer bars. I find that the best way to store them is either in a freezer Ziploc bag or a sealed airtight container of your choice. It will also help to place parchment paper in between each layer of stacked bars to keep them from fusing with each other.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Strawberry Lemon Icebox Dessert (No-Bake)
- No-Bake Pineapple Dream Dessert
- Best Brownie Recipes
- Hot Chocolate Cheesecake (Instant Pot)
7 Layer Bars
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers 2 sleeves of crackers, 18 sheets
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
Optional: 1 cup chopped pecans, almonds, or peanuts ( I used almonds)
- 1 -14 oz can sweeten condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper, with the parchment paper extending about two inches over the sides of the pan, for easy removal of the bars after baking. Set the pan aside to prepare the crust.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. (About 30-45 seconds) Pour the melted butter into a medium bowl, and stir in the crushed graham cracker crumbs to combine. Stir until the crumbs look like wet sand.
- Evenly pour the crust over the parchment paper and press into the pan with a spatula. Evenly pour the chocolate chips over the graham cracker crust, then repeat with the other two flavors of chips. Sprinkle the coconut flakes over the chips, evenly distributing the coconut. Sprinkle nuts over the top of layers if you are using them.
- Once you have layers in the baking pan, pour the condensed milk over the top of the mixture, spreading with a rubber spatula as you pour.
- Place in the center of the heated oven, on the middle rack, and bake for 25-28 minutes, until the bars turn light golden brown in color. Remove the pan from the oven, and allow the bars to cool before cutting.