I am the room mom this year for my older sons 4th grade class and totally forgot that I needed to make the kids some treats for Thanksgiving until later this afternoon. I needed something quick and easy! We are always loaded up on Keebler and Hershey products so we created these fun Reese’s Turkey Cookies!
Easy Reese’s Turkey Cookies
I didn’t have time to mess with coloring frosting, baking, etc…plus I have little helping hands and didn’t want a mess. These are great cookies to get the kids to help with themselves and they will love separating the colored M&M’s as well!
What You’ll Need
- Keebler Butter Cookies
- Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Hershey’s Mini M&M’s
- Edible eyes or Jet-Puffed Mallobits
- Black Edible Marker
- Chocolate Cookie Frosting
- Red Sprinkles
How To Make Reese’s Turkey Cookies
- Have the kids separate the yellow, orange and red mini M&M’s in 3 separate bowls.
- Take a hand full of the orange M&M’s and cut them in half. Take the chocolate cookie frosting and make 3 lines on the top.
- Add a strip of red at the top, then add orange in the middle and then yellow at the bottom.
- Attach the peanut butter cup on the with frosting as well.
- Use edible eyes or cut the mallobits in half with a knife and press a black edible marker in the middle.
- We used the orange M&M’s halves for the feet and beak. We used a red sprinkle for the wattle.
- Let them dry and that’s it!!
We made 24 of them and I think the kids will love them tomorrow!
Other Fun Thanksgiving Turkey Treats