Turkey Cake Pops are chocolate cake crumbles mixed with frosting that is dipped in melted dark chocolate and made to look like a Thanksgiving turkey.
Chocolate Turkey Pops
These cake pops are going to be a treat you will want every year for the Fall season and Thanksgiving. This is a treat that you can share as a gift with friends and family or enjoy by yourself to celebrate the Holidays. This adorable turkey snack is so good with sweet and chocolatey flavors.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Chocolate Cake: I like making this with chocolate cake, but you can use other flavors if you desire. This will be mixed with white frosting to form the pops.
Chocolate Bark: You will use this to dip the pops in to coat them, so they have a hardened outer shell.
Decorations: To make this cute Turkey, you will need dark chocolate Oreos, candy corn candies, candy eyeballs, yellow candy balls for the noses, and heart sprinkles for the mouths.
How To Make Turkey Cake Pops
Step 1. Follow the directions on the box to make the chocolate cake. In a large bowl, add the entire cake and begin to crumble it with a fork. Put in the frosting and combine with your hands until it forms a ball. Form and roll portions of the dough into 1-inch balls and arrange them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place them in the freezer for 1 hour to chill.
Step 2. In a heat-safe cup, melt the chocolate and roll each ball into the chocolate with two forks allowing the excess to drip off. Place them back onto the lined baking sheet and place an Oreo on the backside before the chocolate hardens. I like to use tweezers to carefully add the eyes, nose, and mouth before the chocolate hardens. If it hardens too fast, you can place a dot of melted chocolate on the backs of the candies to act as glue.
Step 3. Dip the tips of the candy corn into the chocolate and arrange three on each of the turkeys to make the feathers. Hold them for a bit to make sure they stay. Allow the cake pops to harden before enjoying.
Variations For Turkey Cake Pops:
Here are some great altercations you can make to the pops if you desire different flavors or a different look.
- Use different flavored cakes and frosting! You can use flavors like pumpkin, carrot, red velvet, vanilla, etc.
- Use white chocolate for dipping and just add brown food coloring so you can still have the correct color of Turkey.
- I love using different flavors of Oreos like orange creme, peanut butter, red velvet, etc.
Tips and Tricks
Use tweezers to add the decorations if you want to be more exact.
The chocolate may harden fast, so use more melted chocolate to act as glue so the decorations hold.
Melt the chocolate in intervals to make sure it doesn’t burn. I like to melt it in 10-second intervals and mix.
More Turkey Recipes:
- Turkey Cupcakes for Thanksgiving
- Easy Thanksgiving Rice Krispie Turkey Treats
- Thanksgiving Turkey Pretzel Treats
- Thanksgiving Rice Krispies Turkey Legs
Turkey Cake Pops
- chocolate cake mix prepared according to box directions
- 2-3 Tbsp white frosting
- 16 oz chocolate bark
- 28 Oreos thin dark chocolate
- 84 candy corn candies
- 56 candy eyeballs
- 28 yellow candy balls for noses
- 28 heart sprinkles for mouths
- Allow cake to cool after baking according to box directions.
- Crumble entire cake in a large bowl with a fork.
- Add frosting and work it into the cake crumbs with your hands until it forms a ball.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Freeze them for 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate bark in a microwave-safe cup that cake balls can be dipped in.
- Using two forks, roll each cake pop in melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place dipped
- cake pops on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Before chocolate hardens, place an Oreo on the backside.
- Carefully place the eyes, nose, and mouth in place. I like to use a tweezers. And if the chocolate
- hardens too quickly, you can add a bit of melted chocolate on the back sides of the eyes, noses,
- and mouths to act as glue.
- Finally, dip the tips of each candy corn in melted chocolate and place three of them on each
- turkey to create the feathers. You may have to hold them for a bit until the chocolate hardens.
- Chill before serving.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.