Thanksgiving Rice Krispies Turkey Legs
These Rice Krispie Turkey Legs are such fun Thanksgiving treats that the kids will love. So easy using cereal, pretzel rods, marshmallows and chocolate!
We came up with this idea several years ago when we made our April Fools’ Day KFC Dessert. We added “flakes” to look like fried chicken. Then we decided to make them this way to look like turkey drumsticks for Thanksgiving and they have been such a huge hit!
Rice Krispie Turkey Legs
This is also a fun treat to make for Thanksgiving class parties at school that the kids will absolutely love! You will love that these really only take just minutes to make…so easy!! For other fun Thanksgiving themed projects, check out the Rice Krispie Turkey Treats, Thanksgiving Cornucopia Cone and Thanksgiving Turkey Pear and Berry Fruit Snack.
Ingredients you will need:
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Pretzel Rods
- White Candy Melts
- Mini Marshmallows
How To Make Rice Krispie Treat Turkey Legs
- First, you break your pretzel rods in half.
- Then you dip the ends in melted white chocolate. Add on 2 mini marshmallows to the ends and let set.
- Next, dip the rest of the rod in the melted chocolate until fully coated.
- Now you grab a hand full of your Rice cereal treat mix and shape it into a ball. You can use gloves, butter, or spray your hands with cooking spray to prevent any sticking. Press the end of the pretzel into the ball and shape it to look like a turkey leg.
- Place them onto wax paper and let them set for about 15 minutes.
These will store nicely to make ahead of time and make sure a fun display on your Thanksgiving table!
Rice Krispies Turkey Legs are also a fun treat that the Kids can create all by themselves…they will have a blast!
Rice Krispie Turkey Legs
- 8 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 6 Pretzel Rods
- 1 bag white chocolate candy melts
- 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows reserve 24
- 1/4 cup butter
Break your pretzel rods in half and melt your white chocolate according to the directions.
Dip the ends of the pretzel rods into the melted chocolate just at the tip. Press on two mini marshmallows and let that set for 5 minutes until the chocolate is hardened back up.
Melt the remaining marshmallows and butter in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir until combined and smooth. Now add in your Rice Krispies cereal and mix until combined.
Grab a hand full of your Rice cereal treat mix and shape it into a ball. You can use gloves, butter, or spray your hands with cooking spray to prevent any sticking. Press the end of the pretzel into the ball and shape the rice krispie mixture to look like a turkey leg.
Place them onto wax paper and let them set for about 15 minutes.
LIKE THESE TURKEY LEG RICE KRISPIE TREATS? PIN IT!
Make sure to check out some of our other fun Thanksgiving treats here…
You can find all of our fun Thanksgiving ideas HERE!