Grasshopper Pie (No-Bake)
The Grasshopper Pie is not just any pie. It’s the most delicious thing you’ll ever eat! You will be able to make it home to enjoy whenever you need that minty taste.
No Bake Grasshopper Pie
Have you ever had Grasshopper Pie? This is a dessert that my family would always make for many occasions and we always loved it. Grasshopper pie has an incredible flavor and texture and is perfect for a dessert buffet. This pie is soft, creamy, and the perfect blend of mint and chocolate. For other great recipes to try, you can take a look at this No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie or this Kentucky Derby Chocolate Pie.
- Crust– You will be using ready-made Oreo Crust.
- Mint– You will need minced mint with the stems removed.
- Heavy Cream– This will help with the consistency of the dessert.
- Food Coloring– Use green food coloring gel, not liquid food coloring.
- Cream Cheese– Use softened or room temperature cream cheese.
- Vanilla– Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Chocolate Chips– These will be used for the chocolate layer on top.
How to Make Grasshopper Pie
To start, you will need to remove the stems of the mint.
First, add the mint leaves and the cream into a small saucepan and heat on medium-high.
Secondly, allow the ingredients to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
Thirdly, take off the heat and place the ingredients aside for 1 hour.
Next, separate the mixture using a strainer into a bowl.
In addition, place the mixture in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
To begin, add the cream cheese, and mint heavy cream into a large bowl and use an electric mixer to combine until stiff with peaks.
First, pour in a few drops of food coloring until the desired color is reached.
Secondly, add the filling into the ready-made pie crust and place it in the fridge to chill for 4-5 hours.
Thirdly, take the pie out and add the chocolate ganache on top.
Next, put the pie into the fridge again to chill for an additional 2 hours.
To finish, top with some mini chocolate chips.
First, add the chocolate chips and heavy cream into a medium saucepan and cook on medium heat.
Secondly, use a whisk to fully combine until smooth and melted.
Finally, take the ganache off the heat and allow it to cool and thicken.
What Does a Grasshopper Pie Taste Like?
Grasshopper pie is a delicious blend of flavors. This recipe uses the fresh flavor of mint and savory chocolate to make this incredible dessert. This pie is a thick layer of mint pie batter with a thin layer of chocolate on top.
How to Store Grasshopper Pie?
Storing this Grasshopper pie can be simple and fast to do. You will first want to place the recipe into an air-tight container for the best storage method. Next, you will choose the fridge, freezer, or room temperature to store the recipe. The fridge and freezer will allow the recipe to last longer.
More Pie Recipes:
No-Bake Grasshopper Pie
- Ready-made oreo crust
- 1 cup minced mint leaves stem removed
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- 8 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 ⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Coarsely chop mint leaves, removing stems.
- In a small saucepan add the mint leaves and cream, simmer over medium to high heat.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set to the side for 1 hour.
- Pour the mint cream mixture through a strainer into a bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour until cold.
- In a large bowl add the cream cheese, mint heavy cream, use an electric mixer, and mix until stiff
- peaks form.
- Add green food coloring and mix until combined.
- Pour into pie crust and chill for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the pie from the refrigerator and pour the room temperature chocolate ganache on top
- of the pie.
- Place back in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Garnish with mini chocolate chips.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat add the chocolate chips and heavy cream.
- Whisk until fully combined and melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool until thickened.