Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe
Egg Roll in a Bowl is the super tasty, quick, and easy recipe you’ll want to add to your regular dinner rotation. Ground beef, cabbage, carrots, soy sauce, and seasonings all sautéed together to make the perfect one pan dinner that is also keto (low carb) friendly.
Egg Roll in a Bowl
Dinner in 15 minutes? Yes, please! When we’re in a hurry and need a fast meal, Egg Roll in a Bowl is such a handy recipe. No need to spend any time chopping vegetables, because a bag of coleslaw mix from the grocery store makes this dish come together quick with zero fuss.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Egg Roll in a Bowl (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- Lean ground beef – use any type of ground beef that you like.
- Prepared coleslaw mix – this is a mixture of cabbage and carrot that is already washed, chopped, and ready to use.
- Ground ginger
- Garlic powder
- Soy sauce – use your favorite soy sauce, low sodium soy sauce, or liquid aminos.
- Green onions
How to Make Egg Roll in a Bowl
Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet and cook over medium heat until fully browned. Drain off any excess fat.
Stir in the ground ginger, garlic powder, and ½ of the soy sauce.
Add the coleslaw mix and stir well.
Continue cooking the mixture over low to medium heat, stirring often, then add the remaining soy sauce as the coleslaw mix begins to soften.
Cook to your desired doneness, then top with green onions and additional soy sauce if desired.
Add spice – to add some heat to the flavor of the Egg Roll in a Bowl, stir in some red pepper flakes or hot sauce. (Or both!)
No carrots – if you do not want carrots in your Egg Roll in a Bowl, look for a coleslaw mix that doesn’t contain them, or finely slice some fresh cabbage to use instead of coleslaw mix.
Onions – you can add diced onions to the ground beef as it sautés so they soften and add more onion flavor to the dish.
Sausage – instead of ground beef, you can try using sausage.
How to Serve Egg Roll in a Bowl
Wonton strips – in the salad department you will find fried wonton strips that are meant to be salad toppers. These taste great sprinkled over the Egg Roll in a Bowl.
Yum yum sauce – we love to drizzle some yum yum sauce on top before serving.
Teriyaki sauce – if you love the flavor of teriyaki, try adding a bit to the ground beef before adding the coleslaw mix.
Rice – this recipe is delicious served over steamed rice or cauliflower rice.
How to Store Leftovers
Store the leftovers in an airtight food storage container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat individual portions in the microwave or in a skillet over low-medium heat.
More Recipes You Will Love
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 bag (14-16 ounces) prepared coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrot mixture)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet and cook over medium heat until fully browned. Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in the ground ginger, garlic powder, and ½ of the soy sauce.
- Add the coleslaw mix and stir well.
- Continue cooking the mixture over low to medium heat, stirring often, then add the remaining soy sauce as the coleslaw mix begins to soften.
- Cook to your desired doneness, then top with green onions and additional soy sauce if desired.