This no bake peanut butter pie is the perfect dessert for any occasion. It’s easy to make, and it only takes a few ingredients! The pie is then made even more decadent with toffee chips on top.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
When it comes to peanut butter desserts, there are many to choose from. My family has its favorites, like Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies and Easy Peanut Butter Fudge. I think my favorite has to be this No Bake Peanut Butter Pie. It is so creamy and decadent that I can hardly resist it. Every bite is better than the last. Be prepared, once you share this pie, everyone is going to be asking for it again and again.
Ingredients You Will Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Graham Crackers– You will need regular or chocolate graham crackers for the crust.
- Brown Sugar– This will add richness to the pie.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Cream Cheese– Use softened or at room temperature.
- Powdered Sugar– This sugar is great for homemade icing.
- Peanut Butter– You will need creamy peanut butter for this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips– Use the chocolate chips to take this pie over the top
- Heavy Whipping Cream– This will help with the consistency.
- Vanilla– Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Cool Whip– This will be used for your topping.
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
To start, so the oven to 325 degrees, and using a nonstick spray such as Pam, grease, a 9-inch pie pan.
To begin, add the graham crackers and sugar into a food processor or blender and pulse until you have fine crumbs.
First, pour the butter into the crumbs and combine, until everything is coated.
Secondly, begin adding the crumbs into the base of the pie pan, and using a flat bottom glass gently press the crumbs into the base of the pan and up the sides.
Next, place the crust into the oven for 12 minutes at 325 degrees.
To start, in a large mixing bowl, put in the cream cheese, 3/4 cup of powdered sugar, and creamy peanut butter.
First, you will combine the ingredients and an electric mixer for about 3 minutes until smooth.
Secondly, place the heavy whipping cream into a chilled mixing bowl and whip until the heavy cream is thick and light using a whisk attachment.
Thirdly, pour in the powdered sugar and vanilla and combine until stiff peaks form.
Next, using a spatula, combine the whipping cream and peanut butter mixture together until fully incorporated.
Furthermore, using a spatula, add the filling into the pie crust and spread it out evenly.
Finally, you will place the pie into the freezer for 3 hours to chill.
First, you will use a pastry bag with a star tip, and using a spoon, add in the Cool Whip.
Next, place dollops of the Cool Whip all over the top of the pie.
Serve and Enjoy!
How To Store
You want to keep this pie in the refrigerator. It is important because there are several ingredients that will go bad in this pie if left standing at room temperature. You will also want to make sure to wrap the pie well. If the pie is exposed to air, it will get hard and unappetizing.
Can it Be Frozen
I love to freeze the peanut butter pie so that I can have it on hand all the time. You want to take the pie and place it in the freezer for about an hour. Then you will want to wrap it well in plastic wrap. this will keep the pie from sticking to the plastic wrap. After the pie ie wrapped well, keep the pie in the freezer for about 3 months. When you are ready to eat the pie, thaw it in the refrigerator.
You can also keep freeze the pie in individual slices. Again, you want to freeze the slices before you wrap them so that it does not stick to the plastic wrap.
Be sure to remove the plastic wrap before you thaw the pie. The plastic wrap will stick if it thaws first.
How Long Does Peanut Butter Pie Last
In my house, this pie disappears in a day. As soon as the pie can be take from the refrigerator, the family has it devoured. However, if you have more self control, you might have leftovers. In that case, you want to eat the pie within a week. After that the pie starts to break down and does not hold its shape well. if the pie is stored in the freezer, it will last for about 3 months.
What is the Best Brand of Peanut Butter to Use
There is no brand that works better in this pie than another. You want to use any type of peanut butter that is creamy and holds together. I do not like to use all natural peanut butter because it tends to separate and have a gritty texture. The gritty texture doesn’t blend together well and you can definitely taste it. I have used generic peanut butter brands as well as the popular brands and the flavor is very much the same.
Variations of this No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
This peanut butter pie is perfect just the way that it is. However, every good recipe has ways to change it up a bit. Little tweaks to make it even better. Maybe it is because you want to serve something different or maybe you want to add something to make it even more decadent. It doesn’t matter why, but here are some of my favorite variations to this pie.
Crunchy Peanut Butter – I like using creamy peanut butter in this recipe, but I have made it with crunchy, too. It changes up the texture to the pie and creates a delicious flavor.
Chocolate Chips– If you want to change up the texture but do not want to use peanuts, you can add chocolate chips. This is my favorite to add to peanut butter pie.
Chocolate Crust– You can make no bake peanut butter pie with a graham cracker crust or use Oreo cookies. Using an Oreo crust is a way to make this pie even more decadent. Because chocolate and peanut butter go amazing together.
Caramel Sauce– Drizzle some caramel sauce over the pie to increase the rich flavor.
Toffee– Toffee goes fantastic with the peanut butter in this pie. It create a crunchy texture also, but adds something different than the others. This makes an incredible peanut butter toffee pie recipe.
If you want to make a pie that can not be beat. Use several of these variations together in one amazing pie. I am telling you, there is no way you will ever have a chocolate toffee peanut butter pie that will taste better than this.
More Pie Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Balls
- Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake
- Valentine Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- 14 whole chocolate graham crackers
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 7 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 container 8 oz cream cheese
- ¾ C + 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 C mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 container 8 oz Cool Whip
- Heath Bar Baking Chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Prep the 9-inch pie pan with nonstick spray.
- Process the graham crackers and sugar in a food processor.
- Continue to process until finely ground.
- Add in the butter and process until everything is moist.
- Scoop into the pie pan, using the bottom of a glass to press the crust mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12 minutes
- Add the cream cheese, ¾ cup powdered sugar, and creamy peanut butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Using the electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and creamy peanut butter for about 3 minutes or until creamy.
- Set aside.
- In a chilled mixing bowl add the heavy whipping cream.
- Using the whisk attachment, whip until the heavy cream is thick and light.
- Add in the remaining powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipping cream mixture into the peanut butter mixture.
- Fold in the sem-sweet mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop this into the pie crust.
- Evenly spread the filling on the pie crust.
- Place pie in the freezer for 3 hours
- Scoop Cool Whip in a pastry bag with a star tip.
- Cover the top of the pie with the cool whip.
- Sprinkle the Heath Bar chips on top of the pie.