A delicious, savory casserole recipe that is perfect for any occasion! This ham casserole is easy to make and will bring a different flavor from the typical chicken or turkey dish. It’s also great for leftovers so you can enjoy it all week long!
Ham Casserole Recipe
Ham Casserole is the perfect dish for any occasion and so good! This recipe can easily be made for a family and they are sure to come back for seconds. This recipe is quick and easy to make for a recipe that can be made in no time. Casseroles are a classic meal for many people, so if you are one to make casseroles often, then be sure to try out this Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole or this Pork Chop Casserole for other amazing meal ideas.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Milk– You will need whole milk for this recipe.
- Cheese– You will need grated Cheddar and Parmesan for this recipe.
- Mustard– This will be used as a binder to keep the seasonings on your meat.
- Pepper– This will be used for taste.
- Corn– You will need whole corn that is drained.
- Noodles– You will need wide egg noodles for this recipe.
- Ham– You can use leftover ham for this recipe.
- Breadcrumbs– You will need Panko breadcrumbs for this recipe.
- Parsley– You will need fresh chopped parsley.
How To Make Ham Casserole
To start, set the oven to 375 degrees.
First, in a large skillet, add in the butter and flour and mix until it begins to thicken.
Secondly, pour in the heated milk slowly and mix constantly.
Thirdly, allow the mixture to come to a bowl, then pour in the cheeses and seasonings. Take away from the heat and mix.
Next, use Pam to grease a 9×7-inch casserole dish.
In addition, add the noodles, corn, ham, and sauce together and combine, then pour into the prepared dish.
Furthermore, add the melted butter, crumbs, parsley, and parmesan into a bowl and combine.
To finish, sprinkle the mixture on top of the casserole.
Finally, pop the casserole into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
What to serve with ham casserole?
You can serve a lot of different things with this ham casserole. This recipe can be served with a side salad of fresh greens and other veggies. You can also cook up or roast green beans, potatoes, corn, peas, or more. This recipe is super filling though, so you may not even need a side dish!
What is the best ham to use?
You can use whatever ham that you want for this recipe. Although, I would recommend honey ham or smoked ham for this recipe. The smoked or honey ham will add additional flavor and make the casserole taste even more amazing.
More Casserole Recipes:
- Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- Cheesy Roasted Asparagus Casserole
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Taco Tater Tot Casserole
Ham Casserole Recipe
- ½ Cup Butter unsalted
- ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 Cups Whole Milk hot
- 1 Cup Cheddar grated
- ½ cup Parmesan grated
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Seasonal
- ½ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 10oz Can Whole Corn, drained
- 3 Cups Wide Egg Noodles
- 2 Cups Leftover Ham cubed
- 2 Tablespoons melted Butter
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan grated
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add the flour, continuously stirring until thickened.
- Slowly add the heated milk, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil, then add cheeses and when melted add the seasonings. Stir and remove from the heat.
- Grease a 9x7 casserole dish. Combine the noodles, corn, ham, and sauce spread the mixture into the casserole dish.
- Combine melted butter, crumbs, parsley, and parmesan, sprinkle over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.