Pork Chop Casserole is an incredibly easy dinner that the whole family will enjoy. Tender pork chops smothered in a creamy seasoned sauce and topped with crispy French’s fried onions–serve with rice, noodles, potatoes, or vegetables for a well-rounded meal.
Pork Chop Casserole
Any time you’re not in the mood to spend a lot of time making dinner, whip up this tasty Pork Chop Casserole! It only takes a few minutes to prepare, then you can pop it into the oven to bake while you steam some rice and veggies for a well-rounded yet no fuss meal.
For more family-friendly casseroles, check out these favorite recipes: Cheesy Chicken Rice and Broccoli Casserole | Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole | Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole | Mexican Tater Tot Casserole
Ingredients to Make Pork Chop Casserole
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chicken Crescent Rolls (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- Boneless pork chops – we used a medium thickness pork chop. Thinner pork chops will cook faster and thick cut may need additional cooking time. Just be sure the chops reach an internal temperature of 145ºF, and then they’re done.
- Cream of mushroom soup – this helps to form a rich and creamy sauce that is very easy to make. Use one regular 10 ounce can of condensed soup.
- Sour cream – use regular full-fat sour cream for the best flavor, or reduced fat if you need to eat less fat.
- Thyme – dried thyme adds a nice hint of flavor to the sauce.
- Parsley – use dried parsley for this recipe.
- Garlic powder – be sure to use garlic powder and not garlic salt.
- French’s French fried onions – you can use a store brand if you prefer.
How to Make Pork Chop Casserole
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper, then place in an even layer in a glass baking dish.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, thyme, parsley, garlic powder, and salt.
Add 1 cup of the fried onions, reserving the remaining onions for topping the casserole. Spread the creamy onion mixture over top of the pork chops.
Sprinkle the remaining fried onions over the top.
Cover the pan with foil and bake for 1 hour at 350F degrees. Remove the foil for the last 5 minutes of baking.
What to Serve with Pork Chop Casserole
- Mashed potatoes
- Roasted potatoes
- Steamed or roasted vegetables
- Dinner rolls
- Extra fried onions for topping
- Fresh chopped parsley
How to Store Leftovers
Keep the leftover pork chops in an airtight food storage container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
More Recipes You Will Enjoy
Pork Chop Casserole
- 6 boneless pork chops medium thickness
- 1 10 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 6 ounce container French’s French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper, then place in an even layer in a glass baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, thyme, parsley, garlic powder, and salt. Add 1 cup of the fried onions, reserving the remaining onions for topping the casserole.
- Spread the creamy onion mixture over top of the pork chops and then sprinkle the remaining fried onions over the top.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 1 hour at 350F degrees. Remove the foil for the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Cool slightly before serving.