Hashbrowns, cheese, and a creamy sauce make this dish the perfect comfort food. This Hashbrown casserole is easy to make, and it’s sure to be a hit with your family. The perfect, easy casserole for any occasion.
Easy Hashbrown Casserole
This Hashbrown Casserole recipe is so easy to make, and it tastes amazing! You’ll be able to whip this up in no time. It’s perfect for breakfast or brunch with friends and family. Pair it with Biscuits and Gravy Casserole Everyone will love the cheesy goodness of this dish. You won’t believe how simple it is to make a delicious meal that everyone will enjoy! The best part about this recipe is that you can use any type of shredded cheese you want – from American cheese to Swiss cheese, your options are endless!
What is Hashbrown Casserole?
A hashbrowns casserole uses a number of ingredients such as hashbrowns potatoes, cheese, cornflakes, and sauce and bakes them in the oven. Hashbrown casserole is normally eaten for breakfast, but it can be used as a side dish or enjoyed at potlucks.
Important Ingredients You Will Need to Make Hash Brown Casserole
- Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes- These are found in the freeze section of the grocery store. You can grate your own potatoes or even use tater tots. If you use anything other than the traditional frozen potatoes, you will need to adjust the cooking time.
- Sauce– When you are making the creamy sauce for this recipe, you are using the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and mayo. These ingredients come together for a delicious creamy sauce. In a pinch, you can use cream of mushroom soup, but this does give the casserole a different flavor.
- Cheddar Cheese- Cheddar cheese is my favorite choice but you can use whatever shredded cheese you like.
- Corn Flakes Cereal- Make sure you are using corn flakes and not frosted flakes. Frosted flakes are sweetened and this is not what you want in your hashbrown casserole.
Can I Make Hashbrown Casserole The Day Before?
Yes, this hashbrown casserole can be made ahead if desired. You can prepare all of your ingredients and store the baking dish in the fridge or freezer until you are ready to bake it.
How to Make Hashbrown Casserole
Step 1- Combining the Ingredients.
Set the oven to 325 degrees and use Pam cooking spray to lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking dish. Add the hashbrowns, cheese, soup, sour cream, mayonnaise, and seasonings into a large bowl and combine until fully incorporated.
Step 2- Cornflake Topping.
In a medium bowl, heat the butter in the microwave until melted. Crush up the cornflakes and combine with the melted butter. Top the hashbrowns mixer with the cornflakes.
Step 3- Baking.
Place the baking dish into the oven for 60-90 minutes until light brown and bubbly. Serve right away and place any leftovers in the fridge. Enjoy!
Can You Freeze Hash Brown Casserole?
Yes, this hash brown casserole can be placed in the freezer. Place the casserole into an airtight container for the best storage method and set it in the fridge or freezer.
More Casserole Recipes:
- 1 32 oz package frozen hashbrown potatoes, cubed
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 can 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups corn flakes cereal crushed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Lightly spray 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, add hashbrowns, cheese, soup, sour cream, mayonnaise, and seasonings
- Mix until well combined
- Spread evenly into baking dish
- Melt butter in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl
- Crush cornflakes and add to butter, mix until well combined
- Sprinkle over hashbrown mixture
- Bake for 60-90 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly
- Serve immediately
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator