Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Are you one of those people who make the same dishes every night for dinner? Maybe even splurge with a taco Tuesday, but it is just a hard shell taco with meat, lettuce, and a bit of cheese. If your looking to impress your family and friends the next time you see them, then these Sweet Chili Lime Instant Pot Chicken Tacos may be just for you.
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
These Sweet Chili Chicken Tacos are so delicious! These tacos are pack with flavor made from a wonderful blend of ingredients. You will have tender and juicy chicken made with a sweet chili sauce. This recipe will just melt in your mouth and have you falling in love, so be sure to save this one because I’m sure your family will be coming over to your house for their next taco Tuesday.
You can combine these Instant Pot Chicken Tacos with Beef and Cheese Mini Tacos and Easy Taco Ring with Crescent Rolls for the ultimate Taco Tuesday dinner. And of course, you need these Taco Lazy Susan.
- Chicken Breast- You will be using organic chicken for this recipe.
- Limes- This will give you a sweet tangy flavor.
- Olive Oil- You can substitute vegetable oil or canola oil.
- Sweet Chili Sauce- Be sure to get the Hy-vee brand for this recipe.
- Broth- You will need to get chicken flavored broth.
- Garlic Salt- This will add additional flavor and aroma to the recipe.
- Pepper- This pepper will be used for taste.
- Tortilla Shells- You will need the Mini Flour Tortillas.
- Cheese- Use shredded Colby jack cheese for this recipe or cheese of your choosing.
- Onion- You will need a red onion that is finely chopped.
- Tomatoes- You will need to use small cherry tomatoes for this recipe.
- Lettuce- You will need iceberg lettuce sliced Chiffonade style.
- Guacamole– This will be used for a cool refreshing taste.
- Beans- You will need to use refried beans for this recipe.
- Avocados- You will need to have 5 to 6 ready and prepare 2 by slicing them.
- Jalapenos- This will be what gives the recipe a bit of spice.
- Cilantro- This will be used for garnish and will need to be thinly chopped.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Add the chicken into your instant pot along with some garlic salt, and pepper.
Add a bit of olive oil on top with half of a lime and place on top of the chicken.
Use the other half of the lime to squeeze the juice on top of the chicken.
Pour in 2 cups of the chicken broth over top of the chicken, then seal the Instant pot lid.
Switch the pressure valve to ‘SEALING’ and push the Poultry Button, and begin to cook the chicken for 15 minutes.
When done, switch the pressure valve to ‘VENTING’ and be sure to release all the pressure inside.
Be sure to check the Float Valve to make sure it has dropped down, then proceed to open the lid.
Place the cooked chicken onto a plate to rest and cool for about 5 minutes.
Shred the chicken using a fork and then, wrap in foil to keep it warm while you prepare your other ingredients.
Start preparing your shells while your chicken is cooking.
Is Sweet Chili Lime Sauce Spicy?
This Instant Pot Chicken Tacos use a sweet chili lime sauce that soaks into the chicken to give it a phenomenal flavor. The Chili Lime sauce is made with a handful of ingredients including jalapenos. This sauce is spicy because of the peppers, but to reduce the heat, simply exclude the peppers from your sauce. If you want some spice but not a lot, remove the seeds and ribs of the jalapenos.
Can I Make This With Frozen Chicken in the Instant Pot?
This Instant Pot Chicken can be made with whatever meat of your choosing. You can use frozen, prebaked chicken, or your own homemade chicken. You can also, switch out the chicken with beef or vegetarian chicken because it will all taste delicious.
INSTANT POT CHICKEN TACOS
- 2 large Organic chicken breasts
- 3 - 4 limes
- Olive Oil
- 1 bottle of Sweet Chili Sauce - Hy-vee brand - see link
- 2 cups of Chicken Broth
- Garlic salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- 1 package of Mini flour Tortilla shells
- Spray Olive Oil
TOPPINGS ON BOARD:
- 1 package of Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 Red onion - finely chopped
- 1 package of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 small head of Iceberg Lettuce - Chiffonade
Sweet Chili Sauce
- Guacamole - See recipe below for ingredients
- Re-fried beans - See recipe below for ingredients
- 5 to 6 Avocado's - 2 sliced - 4 for Guacamole
- Cilantro - chopped fine
HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:
- Place two Chicken Breasts in the Instant Pot, and sprinkle Garlic Salt, and pepper on the chicken. Drizzle with Olive oil, and slice half of a lime, and place in the Instant Pot. Squeeze the juice from the other half of the lime onto the chicken. Add 2 cups of Chicken broth, and place the lid on the Instant Pot. Make sure the Pressure valve is set to 'SEALING', and press the Poultry button, and set the time for 15 minutes. When the chicken is finished cooking, turn the pressure valve to 'VENTING' to make sure all the pressure has been released. Check to make sure the Float Valve has dropped down, and then open the lid. Remove the Chicken Breasts to a plate, and let cool for 5 minutes. Shred chicken, and wrap in foil to keep warm.
- While the chicken is cooking, turn over a muffin tin, and place the Taco shells between the muffin tin rows, forming a small taco shell. Spray with Spray Olive oil, and bake for 7 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven, and serve.
- Make the Guacamole: Scoop out 4 Avocado and chop in small pieces. Smash with a fork, but leave chunky. Chop 1 small red onion, and mix with Avocados. Add 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, 1 chopped tomato, the juice from 1 lime, 1/2 teaspoon of coarse ground Himalayan salt, and black pepper to taste. Mix all together in a bowl, and serve.
- Open 1 can of pinto beans, and add 1 Tablespoon of chopped Onion, and 1 Tablespoon of chopped Bacon. Stir well, and sprinkle with Garlic salt. Add 1 Tablespoon of Taco sauce, and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. Stir, and bring to a boil. Turn off heat, and spoon beans into an oven-safe dish. Mash beans with a potato masher, and top with shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until cheese is melted, bubbly and golden brown.
- Chop or slice, the red onion, Cherry tomatoes, Lettuce, Avocado's, Jalapeno's, and Cilantro. Place in small dishes to serve on board.
- You'll need a large board; it can be round, oval, rectangular, or square. Place all ingredients for tacos, beans, and guacamole on the board. See photos for placement.