There is no need to get take out when you are craving Coconut Chicken Curry Soup. Make this Instant Pot chicken curry recipe and have curry whenever the craving hits. Ready in less time that it takes to get take out, this is an absolutely amazing soup.
Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Curry Soup
This soup is so good and full of flavor. You’ll get a little sweet, and a little hot, along with some great vegetables, and it just may turn out to be a favorite! You can have this done pretty quickly, and serve your family, or friends a great hearty meal, with just a little effort. You’re going to love this soup.
- Chicken broth- You can use store bought chicken broth or make your own
- Red curry paste- This will give this dish the special curry taste you are looking for
- Brown sugar- The brown sugar will work perfectly with the heat in this recipe
- Soy sauce- I like to use low sodium soy sauce
- Garlic salt- If you do not have garlic salt on hand, you can use garlic powder and add salt to taste.
- Sweet basil- Fresh basil will work best
- Garlic- Mince the garlic small or use preminced garlic
- Onion- I like to use a sweet onion for this recipe.
- Celery- Wash and chop the celery
- Carrots- You want the carrots to be shredded. You can shred them yourself or buy preshredded carrots
- Red pepper- Wash and chop the red pepper
- Yellow pepper – Washed and chop the yellow pepper
- Rotisserie Chicken- You can bake the chicken yourself or use a store bought chicken
- Garbanzo beans – If using canned beans, drain them first
- Cooked rice- This is a great way to use leftover rice
- Coconut milk- You want coconut milk and not coconut cream
How to Make Coconut Chicken Curry Soup
Add the chicken broth, curry paste, brown sugar and soy sauce to the Instant Pot.
Using the saute setting and heat it until the curry paste and sugar are melted into the broth.
Turn off the heat and add the garlic, onions, celery, carrots, red and yellow pepper, chicken, beans and rice.
Mix it all together well and cover it with water.
Put the lid on the pressure cooker and set it to sealing. Cook for 6 minutes.
Do a 5 minute natural release and then a quick release.
Add the coconut milk and stir it well.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs in this Soup?
If you do not have rotisserie chicken on hand, you can use chicken thighs. Bake the chicken thighs and then shred the chicken before using it in this curry.
What do I Serve Alongside Curry Soup?
Typically curry is served with a side of nan bread, chapati bread, and paratha bread. You can also serve it with cucumber salad, achar, which is a spicy pickle side dish, or chutney.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Curry Soup
- 30 ounce Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup red curry paste
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 large sweet onion - chopped
- 4 stems celery - washed and sliced
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 Red pepper - washed and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper - washed and chopped
- 3 cups Rotisserie Chicken shredded or chopped
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 14 coconut milk
- In the Instant Pot, add the chicken broth, red curry paste, brown sugar, and soy sauce.
- Turn on the Saute setting, and heat just until curry paste and brown sugar are melted and blended into broth.
- Turn off the Saute setting, and add minced garlic, chopped onion, sliced celery, shredded carrots, red pepper, yellow pepper, chopped chicken, garbanzo beans, and rice.
- Stir all together until well blended. Add enough water to cover all ingredients.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the pressure valve is set on 'SEALING'.
- Press the MANUAL button and set the time to 6 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to build and release naturally for 5 minutes, then quick release the pressure, by turning the valve to 'VENTING', and allowing all the pressure (steam) to be released, and the float valve to drop down.
- Open the lid to the Instant Pot, and stir the soup, allowing it to cool a bit.
- Add the Coconut milk, and stir well.
- Serve in soup bowls, and sprinkle parsley on top of soup before serving. Enjoy!