This Irish Margarita is the perfect combination of Jameson, Tequila, and Sweet and Sour Margarita Mix to make a great St. Patrick’s Day Drink.
St. Patrick’s Day Margarita
Once you make this simple and quick recipe, you will want it every St. Patty’s Day. It is a bright vibrant green and eye-popping that everyone will surely ask what it is. You will have requests to make it almost instantly because it is that good!
We love creating fun and unique Margarita recipes and have a ton listed on our site.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Alcohol: I like to use a blend of Jameson and Tequila for this recipe.
Food Coloring: I use green food coloring to make it St. Patty’s Day themed, but you can leave it out.
Margarita Mix: This will add a lot of sweetness and sourness to the cocktail.
How To Make Irish Margarita
Step 1. Coat the rim of the glass with margarita salt and place it aside. Add the lime juice, Jameson, Tequila, food coloring, and ice into a large cocktail shaker. Shake to fully combine.
Step 2. Strain the mixture into a glass filled with ice. Use limes and mint to garnish.
Variations For Irish Margarita
You can use some of the suggestions below to change the recipe to your liking.
- Leave out the food coloring and enjoy it as is!
- Add gold cake shimmer to make a cool effect!
Tips & Tricks
- You can use ice or chill your glass in the freezer, so it doesn’t become watered down.
- Using a cocktail shaker works the best! This will make sure the ingredients are fully mixed.
More Irish Recipes:
- Irish Coffee Cocktail
- Baileys Irish Cream Truffles
- McGregor Irish Cream Cocktail
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Layer Cake
- 1 lime whole, juiced
- 2 oz Jameson
- 1 oz Tequila
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 3 oz Sweet and Sour Margarita Mix
- Margarita salt
- Rim your glasses with margarita salt. Set to the side.
- In a large cocktail shaker add lime juice, Jameson, tequila, green food coloring, and ice. Cover and shake well.
- Strain into a 12-oz. ice-filled glass. Garnish with limes and mint